Planet of the Apes/ Every which way but loose Scope Trailers.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed May 19, 2021 8:36 pm

Planet of the Apes is always a winner, but most, if not all of the five 200ft popular 70s released reels of each of the films are now either fading or red. A shame, as they were all good souvenirs from the series of apes movies.

Planet of the Apes scope trailer,
One thing that has survived with great unfaded colours is this scope trailer of the original 1968 planet of the apes with Charlton Heston. The quality of the print is very good, edge to edge sharp image and very good sound and content. Running for three minutes, this trailer includes dozens of action scenes as well as a short section with Charlton Heston talking to the camera on set about the film. Colours are excellent on this low fade stock release.
Here is the very same trailer for those interested, on the super 8 scope screen it looks fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6luDsjJq...nnel=thecultbox

Every which way but loose Scope colour sound Trailer.

I'm not too sure who released this trailer title but i have seen a few copies which have faded. I wasn't too sure if i would find a copy on low fade stock, however, this one came up on one of Barry's list's and i am pleased to say it has good colours. It's an unusual trailer starting with a black screen with a man talking to his Mrs, asking her if she fancies a movie with action, Drama, some Country music, an ape a love story and, Clint Eastwood, in-between we get quick snippets before the trailer opens up fully with with many memorable scenes from the movie and thankfully, includes that brief shot where Clint's Character holds his hand like a gun as Clive the orangutan puts his hand up before Clint says "bang" and the ape drops.
Here is the very trailer for those interested, and it looks so much better on the super 8 scope screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9lSn3Sp...nnel=WarnerBros.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Eivind Mork and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 05.19.2021 | Top

RE: Planet of the Apes/ Every which way but loose Scope Trailers.

#2 by Greg Perry , Wed May 19, 2021 9:11 pm

Tom,

Two fun trailers to have! My print of the Planet of the Apes trailer is not nearly as sharp or brilliant in color as yours. These look great...👍

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Tom Photiou , Wed May 19, 2021 9:52 pm

Thank Greg, is the colours faded on yours? I thought this was a derann one but maybe not. I bought mine from a fellow collector with a few others so i was very lucky with mine. I can't recall seeing this one for sale for a very long time.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed May 19, 2021 10:20 pm

Two very nice trailers Tom.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#5 by Greg Perry , Thu May 20, 2021 5:28 am

Tom,

I re-watched my Planet of the Apes Trailer this evening and it is very close in quality to yours I am happy to confirm. This was on a reel of various scope trailers that I had got off ebay a few years back. The reel included the Scope '55 introduction with Zanuck and Carousel (faded), Bridge on the River Kwai (nice color), Planet of the Apes (nice color), Thunderball (nice color), Kelly's Heroe's (faded), The Raven (faded), and finally, Raise the Titanic (nice color).

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Tom Photiou

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#6 by Tom Photiou , Thu May 20, 2021 1:53 pm

Thats good news Greg. That was a good trailer reel to have won. We also have the kellys hereos trailer and last time i viewed it the colours were very good although it is only a teaser. It was part of the reel with the raven and the colours were first class, i did sell off the raven trailer as it wasnt one i wanted.
I keep my eye out for the bridge over the river Kwai trailer in scope. Another nice long one which would go with my mutiny on the bounty and lawrence of Arabia.
I will check my scope 55 reel soon to see what its like.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

Pearl Harbour/Scope 400ft
Playground Skirmish, (The Matrix reloaded) 200ft, colour scope, stereo

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor