Silver Dream Racer 400ft Colour Scope Walton print

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon May 17, 2021 9:34 pm

This is not a film i have ever been interested in as i am not into motor bikes in any way or form, however, a few years ago i purchased the flat 400ft version. Colours were good, however, the image on the flat version while good, was in my view a little on the softer side. I know this can be the case when a widescreen film is blown to full 4:3 instead of being letterboxed. After a few showings i sold it on as just a mediocre digest.

Recently, i was a able to buy the scope version. What a difference pulling the screen out to widescreen makes to this digest. Its almost like a totally different movie, colours are superb, very vivid greens, and on low fade stock, the sound seems much better on this particular print and the image for a scope print on 8mm is excellent. The track scenes are transformed. The movie itself is not one i wish to see in its feature length, and even this digest is not of too much interest as a movie, but i do like David Essex and the edit is pretty good from Walton, but it is a very nice looking film and will add to any scope evening as a supporter, or just one to show off the scope screen. Very good print, very good image superb colours and this print is like new, there isn't a line or a splice anywhere.
The only thing with this version, is the ending is quite abrupt, after the crash, the film fades out to a "walton super 8 home movie" globe.
I dont know how many of these were printed as the label on the walton case states, "limited widescreen edition".

Here is the plot in brief with the help of wiki, edited for this version.
Nick Freeman (David Essex) is an aspiring motorcycle racer, whose brother has been developing an eperimental motorcycle. When his brother dies before being able to test and race the new bike, Nick inherits the responsibility to prove his brother's design. Nick goes into the big race at the British Grand Prix with all his energy and concentration bent on winning, but after he has passed the winning line????????????????????????????????????????

Two completely different endings were filmed depicting Nick after he has won the race, and both versions were released.
The Guardian said "the story is as boring as hell" The Los Angeles Times called it a "lively genre piece".
The film was not a commercial success at the box office. It holds a 33% fresh rating on review aggregate site Rotten Tomatoes.

These images are ok but dont show the vivid colours of this print.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 05.17.2021 | Top

She Wore a yellow Ribbon 4 x 400ft colour sound.
Singing in the Rain Long Trailer

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor