More projector fixes

#1 by Mark Mander , Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Here's my Elmo ST800 mag sound projector, this is as new and had barely any use, I got it out of the box and fitted the new belts that arrived today, the long belt and main motor one, this thing purrs away and for just a 100w lamp its bright enough that with the 1.1 lens fitted gives a very nice picture, needs just a dust off and good as new, Mark

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Robert Crewdson, Eivind Mork, Tom Photiou, Gwyn Morgan and Martin Dew
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Last edited 02.24.2021 | Top

RE: More projector fixes

#2 by Tom Photiou , Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Thanks for this Mark, im always keen to see these sort of threads. It's surprising how many projectors are still about which have only had little use.

Mark Mander likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#3 by Mark Mander , Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:16 am

Yes Tom it's amazing what turns up, I have had the ST800 for about 4 years and was from the owners son since his dad had passed away recently, he bought it new, the original box etc is like new too and when I first got it all I did was inspect it and saw it needed a new belt as looking at it and the condition it was probably the original belt. It's taken this long and being furloughed to get it up and running, I did run about an hours worth of films through it and it performed brilliantly, you can just tell its use was limited, guides and sound head are perfect, still green too, no scratches or chips, many were bought just to run a couple of 50ft home movies. My Sankyo 800 is the same.

About 15 years ago (probably more)my friend got a phone call about a GS1200, he went to see it ,what a find, it is like it has just been bought, condition is incredible and how you want to find them, stored properly, he paid next to nothing for it considering what they were selling for, he still has it and it's in exactly the same condition, it came out of the box to look at it and was put away and has not been touched since,Mark

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Tom Photiou
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
ThankYou 157

#4 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:50 am

Ideal. Hope i can find a sankyo 800 like the one you found.
I did have the ST800 many years ago. I heard a radio phone in sale as i was doing my old driving job and the woman only wanted £30 for it. I found a phone box and managed to secure it. Kept it for a few years but sold it as i was buying my first home along with most of my 16mm films at the time. A big error on my behalf.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 02.25.2021 | Top

#5 by Mark Mander , Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:15 pm

Weve all had those regrets Tom, when it comes to selling off lots of films, I found it very hard to start with but will happily sell now, I look at it as I've had it, watched it, enjoyed it, may never get again, someone else can enjoy it.

I had a very similar experience too, a friend of mine was listening to a radio phone in programme and he remembered I like Elmo's, he passed me the number and I rang it, I went over and saw a lovely Elmo K100?? I think it's the correct model, a silent machine, I wasnt interested in it but she mentioned she had some old cine films that her husband had filmed and do I know anyone who could put them onto video(she didn't own a dvd player), she was a lovely lady in her late 80s/90s so I said I'd do them for her for nothing which I gladly did. The one thing that I've heard a lot of is when I hand the films back they say" shall I throw these away" as I explained NO in case your video chews the tape, once the films are gone they are gone forever. She enjoyed seeing those films which is the part I like, Mark

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Tom Photiou and Robert Crewdson
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
ThankYou 157

#6 by Maurice Leakey , Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 pm

I've never owned an ST-800, although I do have a GS-800 which is stereo.
https://www.filmkorn.org/super8data/data.../elmo_gs800.htm

Maurice

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Last edited 02.25.2021 | Top

#7 by Robert Crewdson , Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:12 pm

Several people have made the mistake of throwing away their home movies after they transferred to VHS.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

Films added to Super8warehouse and a nice article
Eumig S938 Parts Manual Available

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor