seems like we have all encounted them, but thankfully not to often

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson, Tom Photiou and Gwyn Morgan

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

RE: Ebay dishonesty

#27 by Terry Sills ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:21 pm

To hear that sellers can have negative feedback removed is somewhat disappointing and totally wrong. I personally have a high 100% positive score and go to great lengths to retain it, but I would not go to such measures as that.
Only one bad experience really when I sold a near mint projector, in full working order, only to have the buyer ring me a week later after collecting it in person, saying that there was a fault. Because I had dealt with him before and thought of him more as a genuine enthusiast, almost a friend, I offered to have it fixed by Kevin Brown at my expense. What was annoying was that when the buyer first came to view the projector I offered to demonstrate it working, but I had a heavy cold and did not wish to pass it on to him, so he decided to take it in good faith. After he got the projector back from Kevin I never heard from him again - not a word of thanks. If I told you who it was you would not believe it. So not just sellers - some buyers are not all they're cracked up to be!

Clyde Miles sais Thank You!
Terry Sills

#28 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:02 pm

It is dissapointing. I guess the thing to remember is all of the positive feedback and good customers and sellers. Unfortunatly, just like all things we always tend to remember the bad things. It is very dissapointing when it turns out to be someone we may know.

On a good note here, our copy of the john wayne feature Red River turned up last night.
The seller has very good feedback,the images shown look very good. There is no VS so all i need to do next is present it to Brother for his Birthday in early Feb. I will, as always review it on here mid Feb when the film room is back up and running.

There are some real clowns on ebay but i believe there are more good people than bad, we just have to make sure we laugh at the stupid listings and always report bad sellers and name them here to ensure us collector know who to avoid. If we dont its pointless ranting on threads knowing it can happen again.

Robert Crewdson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#29 by Terry Sills ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:23 pm

Very true Tom.
I believe that we should name and shame the bad ones. However the experience I related does not involve a bad person I think, perhaps a little unprincipled perhaps. But then I'm sure we have all made decisions that we regret. I just hope that he does not cross my wife's path otherwise he might definitely get an earful.

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Tom Photiou
Terry Sills

#30 by Robert Crewdson , Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:36 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Here is some information on the subject: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Bu.../qaq-p/27135898

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#31 by Mark Mander , Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:00 pm

This goes to show what a shambles Ebay is, what is the point of feedback if a bad comment can be removed, the idea was to inform buyers who was worth buying from, I guess it's all about sales and fees and not the buyers and sellers anymore.

Paul mentions being stitched up by forum members, unfortunately it does happen too, probably a worse situation with even less come back and very bad ill feeling, clearly Paul is cheesed off, I've been there after some bad deals and didn't buy anything for some time, funny a different story when they buy.

Then the so called dealers who will send out any old crap in the hope that nothing will be sent back, I'm astonished reading on here that fairly recently it goes on, the one in Cleethorpes is probably the worst out of any I've dealt with, Russian roulette and total crap most times there, I heard recently from a friend sales are quiet, wonder why, Mark

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Gwyn Morgan
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#32 by David Skillern , Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:34 pm

I tell you why Mark - but you already know the answer - there are more sharks about than actual reputable dealers.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Tom Photiou
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#33 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:02 pm

I was not really aware of this nonsense with eBay removing negative feedback,so I have been randomly looking at various sellers who do not have 100% feedback and discovered you cannot see any comments.At one time you could.
There is a thread on another site regarding this subject and there one of the complaints is exactly what terms like,Turning,Pink,Eastman colour shift,to name but a few means exactly.As stated previously there appears to be a thousand and one excuses to sell a film incorrectly.
Yes there are good honest sellers but there are also some downright ............ones.
Shame it’s come to this.

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Tom Photiou

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#34 by Paul Browning , Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:23 pm

As i said earlier in this thread, another film purchased on Ebay was to be sent back for "miss information" to put it in a nutshell. I filed the return for this film to the seller, a day or so later he responded. He gave me a full refund plus the postage, then an apology for not checking and sending a faulty film, all very genuine. So i sent a message for the return address details, he responded by saying, " don't worry about sending it back, my mistake i'm sorry for the trouble coursed............ Bloody hell an honest Ebayer, so yes they do exist, and the man ........ Mike Kent. I don't know this guy but i would like the thank you for your honesty and generosity in letting me keep the film (tom & jerry short) with excellent colour. Now thats how to get business and keep it, very well done that man...........

Robert Crewdson likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

Last edited 01.28.2021 | Top

#35 by Mark Mander , Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:29 pm

Gives you a bit of faith Paul, when it goes wrong the disappointment is the main thing but sellers like that makes all the difference, Mark

Paul Browning likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Film fairs: BFCC 2016....the last one?
100 inch tri pod screen

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor