Tom & Jerry, The night before Christmas, Film office print.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:12 pm

For many years we have owned the 200ft colour sound edition supplied in the full colour illustrated MGM box. Its always been one of our favourites and has very good pin sharp image and excellent sound sound. While colours are still very good i always feel they are either slightly muted or there is light fade in there. It doesn't appear to have got any worse over the years, however, the Derann LPP full version is what i have been looking for. I missed out on a copy a couple of months ago but Barry at Indi 8 offered a low fade Portland films re print of the Walton version. I snapped it up but unfortunately, there was a bit of a rumble/hiss on the soundtrack and it also bought home how much Walton cut these cartoons, so annoying of them, great image and colour though.
I did sell this one on and as pure luck would have it, along came another one for a tenner, i wasn't too sure which one it was so i took a hunch and it paid off very well. What i recieved was the French release version which comes in its original box and the film is on a very full 200ft reel. Colours are superb, very vivid, clearly on low fade stock, the sound is English and also very good. The image is nice and sharp, not quite as sharp as the MGM version but never the less, very good. The only big difference is the lack of MGM logo which is replaced by the Film office logo and of course the, "The end" title but as this is obviously a French release it is to be expected, makes it a little different which i like very much. The main thing here is, It is the full length version and had has great quality. The screenshots are a guide only, the projected image is much sharper.

The Night Before Christmas is a 1941 animated cartoon and is the third Tom and Jerry shorts directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, produced by Fred Quimby and animated by Jack Zander, George Gordon, Irven Spence and Bill Littlejohn. It was nominated for the 1941 Academy Award for Best Short Subject: Cartoons, but lost to the Mickey Mouse short film Lend a Paw.
This third cartoon uses what has become the basic "cat stalks mouse" premise, but also hints at a softening in Tom Cat's character: when Jerry is out in the freezing cold, Tom worries about him, indicating that the rivalry between them may not be entirely a fight to the death.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Gwyn Morgan and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 12.14.2020 | Top

RE: Tom & Jerry, The night before Christmas, Film office print.

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Nice print Tom 👍

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#3 by David Skillern , Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:23 pm

Ive got this print from Derann and its ready to show in the next day or two

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Greg Perry
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#4 by Eivind Mork , Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:26 pm

I've got the FilmOffice release too. A very nice film for Christmas for sure! The review added on S8D too :-)

Tom Photiou likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Tom & Jerry The flying cat
Tommy. Both Iver 400ft Versions side by side reviews

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor