Very rare feature on super 8

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:46 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Saw this on ebay for sale, Mel Brooks The Producers.

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Producers....m1851#viTabs_0

Never knew this one was released. I wouldn't like to say if there is any colour in there still as many of the old Thunderbird releases are now red, or well on the way.
Do you like the "possible" description?

"The only time they could have ever been projected is by the original owner...and it appears that he was gentle with his collection. In that respect, they may be like Brand New". May never have been projected in its life but as we all know the colours well may have gone years ago. Mind you, if it was good colours it would be a great title to get in the feature length.

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Martin Dew likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 08.24.2020 | Top

RE: Very rare feature on super 8

#2 by David Ollerearnshaw , Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:08 pm

I thought it was my memory that was going. I do remember Regent Films putting this title in the monthly newsletter. Another I 'think' they advertised was The Day The Caught Fire. I might be totally wrong after 40+ years.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#3 by Paul Browning , Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:00 pm

I have this feature Tom, but I'm sure its an optical print, which if you were to bet on it, the feature will have colour faded badly, so too the optical sound track, no matter could get it striped and re recorded. I noticed the seller carefully skirts around the colour, and he does not mention the sound track at all, so why buy these if you carn't watch them......

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#4 by Tom Photiou , Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:55 pm

That is the problem with this sort of sale. The buyer will be taking pot lot. Having said that the seller has started it at a reasonable price for the rarity of it but it isn't one i would take a chance on.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 08.25.2020 | Top

#5 by Paul Browning , Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Had a look at my copy last night Tom, and it's a magnetic soundtrack, not optical as i previously said. I will get it out and onto new reel tonight and get some screen shots at the same time......

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

F/S That's Entertainment (1974) Derann
Dealers I bought from.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor