Blackpool unfortunately off for me this year

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:41 pm

With regret, we have decided not to attend Blackpool this year. A massive disappointment for me as i planned to attend with my Wife and Brother for the first time after missing out on the golden years.
While i appreciate it may be cancelled, depending on how the Chinese virus pans out, i think if it does go ahead the necessary restrictions and social distancing etc would make it less than a memorable experience, or a very memorable experience for all the wrong reasons. I would prefer to wait and hope for a better convention next year.
I was reading on the measures having to be put in place so unless i am wrong, i think it would be an expensive weekend which would be spoilt by the pandemic. Unless a miracle happens and it dissapears as fast as it arrived.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Blackpool unfortunately off for me this year

#2 by David Skillern , Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:20 am

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear this - I am still keeping my fingers crossed that it will still go ahead as my wife and I have pre booked our stay at the Imperial - which is a very short walk to the Grand. So I am keeping an eye out for any updates and hope it still goes ahead.

Tom Photiou likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

Film Collector magazine..Summer 2020
Which Is Which?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor