Olivia de Havilland

#1 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:36 am

Sadly legendary actress O;ivia de Havilland has died at 104 years, now with her passing and the death earlier this year of Kirk Douglas I think we can safely say that the Hollywood Golden age has now sadly gone. I'll always remember her for her 7 screen appearances with Errol Flynn, especially as Maid Marian from "The Adventures of Robin Hood".

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Paul Browning, Greg Perry and Eivind Mork
Barry Attwood
Last edited Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:37 am | Top

RE: Olivia de Havilland

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:46 am

As Barry says the last of the great Hollywood legends.A great actress who will long be remembered and one who took on the studio she was contracted to,Warner Bros, regarding the films she was in and won thereby in the long term changing the studio system.And of course there will always be Gone With The Wind and in my book no matter what anyone says I think its a great movie.
Another sad loss.

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Greg Perry and Eivind Mork

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#3 by Greg Perry , Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:13 pm

An amazing life for sure, and perhaps as well known for her acting abilities as for her courage to stand up to the studios! To think she was in GWTW and had reached 104 years old...Very sad to see yet another film icon lost....

The days of the Hollywood stars are certainly gone now....

Eivind Mork likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#4 by David Skillern , Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:51 pm

She was great - Im lucky to have her on 8mm in the cutdown of Captain Blood, the full length copy of Robin Hood and the full length copy of Gone with the Wind.

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
John Saxon

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor