Xanadu

#1 by Del Phillipson , Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:02 pm

Sat and watched another of the new films last night, Xanadu, starring ONJ, Jeff Beck and none other that Gene Kelly. This was the 2 x 400' version, don't think there was any other to be honest. Now I have to say I am a huge Jeff Lynne fan and we watch and listen to the two ELO blu rays very regularly (the neighbours just listen ) and when putting this one on I remember the theme song but forgot about the I'm Alive and when it kicked in I'd gone :-), you get the full song and it sounds fantastic, you also get the full song of All Over The World, another favourite from the concerts and then of course the theme song by ONJ, quite a nice clean print this, colour is ok, sometimes it looks a little warm and then the next scene the colour looks fabulous. The story line was never much good and the extract doesn't even try to give you one (that doesn't sound right ), but the music sells this one all day long, a great overall watch and it won't be long before I'm watching this one again

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Tom Photiou and Greg Perry

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

RE: Xanadu

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:33 pm

I dont mind this one for the music as you say Dell. Ours appears to be one of the later LPP (or at least low fade) so colours are very good. When i saw the film in the cinema upon its release i wanted to leave the place after with dark glasses and a false beard. The script is trash and the acting err, poop. The hard man from the warriors playing this must have killed his career, i havnt seen him in much since. Thankfully this 2 x 400 does have the best of the music and moves along quite nicely, always nice to view Olivia Newton John.
My own screenshots are on my review here,

Xanadu. 600ft, (2 x 400) U8 Low Fade print

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

#3 by Del Phillipson , Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:46 am

It's a weird one with the colour Tom, most of it is sublime and just the odd times the colour looks a bit on the warm side, yes Jeff Beck looks a little out of place in it and Gene Kelly is sooooooo much better than that, ONJ mind you was flippin hot

Tom Photiou likes this

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#4 by Graham Sinden , Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:20 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I would love to find this 2x400 but haven't seen it lately on Ebay. And never seen the full feature as it never appears on TV nowadays.

Graham S

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou
Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

Bauer T610 Vs The Elmo 1200HD
take a look at the description of this projector.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor