#1 by Robert Crewdson , Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:51 pm

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Del Phillipson and Gwyn Morgan

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

RE: P.C. Brigade working overtime.

#2 by Paul Browning , Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 pm

I despair Robert I really do. They don't realise the damage they are doing, they are acting like the Nazi did by stopping any one having thoughts of there own, and jumping on anything and every one who doesn't agree with there point of view/ideology. They should see Animal farm and grasp that if they have the grey matter to do so. By controlling the media in all forms, it sets a very dangerous president for free speech, or has they now gone too...............

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson, Greg Perry, Tom Photiou, Del Phillipson, Gwyn Morgan and Martin Dew
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#3 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:22 pm

To pull a movie over this is insane. All i will say is, there was a speech made in the late 60s by a certain MP. Everything he said is now coming true. Half the problem is the dim students who seem to know nothing about history.
All you can do is sit back and let it happen which is what happens here, in the states and in Europe. It will lead to anarchy and chaos.
Gone with the wind is an absolute classic. I bet no one will switch off HBO or avoid watching anything they put on.
The alternative is for people of normal thinking to also protest and do something about it.
Here they Sir Francis Drakes Statue removed, i just hope to Christ the people of this city will stop it.

What we now have is the minorities dictating to us what we should be doing. There is something seriously wrong with that. All i say is this,
If people dont like our country and the way we live then go and live somewhere else. I wonder how long they would last in Africa? Plenty of room over there, funny how they all like it here, but when you let mob rule win, why would anyone go elsewhere?
So as not to spoil the forum, i wont leave any further comments, this is my thoughts and believe me, it is the thoughts of MOST people. Only the media make it look like we all agree with the minorities and students who are brain washed by the Universities. Thats a fact, my Daughter attended Uni here in Plymouth and when it came to an election the Uni lecturers were advising the students to vote a certain way as it would mean the Uni's would get more money. Luckily my Daughter has a mind of her own.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Del Phillipson, Robert Crewdson, Paul Browning and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 06.10.2020 | Top

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:51 pm

It really is the final straw,I suppose Ben Hur should go next followed by the gladiator type of film,any films that depict slaves should go.I know if someone does not like something ban it.What sort of generation is this,god forbid we had to find an army for some reason.
Anyway hopefully we won’t all go out and destroy our films or throw the silver discs away and literally confine the wrong “type” of film to history.
I do wish that the news was more balanced especially in my view the BBC,who I feel are not reporting a balanced opinion.(my view)
I have to agree with Toms comments and unfortunately all we can do is sit back and watch,Sad times.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Paul Browning and Martin Dew

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#5 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:14 pm

well Gwyn, the BBC is know as Bash the British corporation. Even the ads on ITV are a joke, every one of them shows a perfectly happy B/W mixed family and they all sing and dance there way through there marvellous looking mansion homes. It's all patronising crap and thats why i now watch very little TV.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Gwyn Morgan, Robert Crewdson, Paul Browning and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#6 by Del Phillipson , Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:32 pm

Hi Tom, are you my Doppleganger we might not look alike but boy do we think alike, nice reading mate.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Robert Crewdson, Paul Browning and Tom Photiou

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#7 by Del Phillipson , Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 pm

I best not say my piece, the wife keeps telling me to calm down, I'll have a heart attack

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#8 by Robert Crewdson , Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:44 pm

I agree with all the comments posted on this thread. There was an interesting interview with singer Marty Wilde on Talking Pictures TV last week, he's now around 80. He said the channel was popular because the films/programmes were from a better time. Said he didn't like what is happening to the country. Not a lot we can do about it; we live in horrible times. Just enjoy your films.

The following members like this: Paul Browning and Del Phillipson

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#9 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:48 pm

Apparently they are not pulling GWTW permanently,only so that HBO can add context to the start of the film regarding the content.
Audience advice certificate or something like.
I must say this thread is quite tame compared to a couple of other sites I’ve seen mustn’t get too carried away must we🤪🤪🤪

Robert Crewdson likes this

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

#10 by Greg Perry , Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:57 pm

Things are getting more and more absurd everyday...

The latest I hear is Elmer Fudd will no longer have a shotgun in any new cartoons. And Yosemite Sam will no longer have his six-shooters...
Instead Elmer Fudd will have a large scythe to chase Bugs Bunny with....

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/lo...-bunny-cartoons

Thank goodness we have these classic cartoons preserved on film--no one can take those away!

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Robert Crewdson, Del Phillipson and Gwyn Morgan

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#11 by Paul Browning , Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:15 pm

I FEEL YOUR PAIN DELL, AS FOR YOUR DOPPLE THINGY YOU CAN GET OINMENT FOR THAT, IT'LL COST YOU A TENNER THOUGH. I JUST WANT TO GET IN MY HELICOPTER GUNSHIP AND LOAD UP THE HARD WARE, BUT UNFORTUNATEY I'M ON FURLOUGH AT THE MOMENT AND CARN'T DO ANOTHER JOB ....................... YES TOM 100% AGREE WITH COMMENTS AND SENTIMENT, IT IS LIKE WATCHING A NATION BUILDING UP ITS OWN FUNURAL PIRE, GORD HELP US................

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Robert Crewdson, Del Phillipson and Gwyn Morgan
Del Phillipson sais Thank You!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#12 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:05 pm

I grew up with a lot of p*** taking.as you can see from my surname my dad was greek cypriot. So i grew up with a load of verbals, most were just banter but a few were less friendly but it never bothered me. What about fat people or ginger people? They get a lot of mickey taking , in fact the gingers get some real stick, perhaps we should call for some changes to help them?
If you want to see what real people think take a look on line(rather than expand on here ) and there is a lot of anger over all this nonsense.unfortunatly this country does seem to just cave in

Anyway, for some real laughs google Steve Heller cornish news. He is great and his comedy gets him taken off facebook a lot but he is topically funny.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Paul Browning and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 06.10.2020 | Top

#13 by Robert Crewdson , Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:28 pm

Greg, years ago the Tom and Jerry cartoons were accused of promoting violence. Do they think children can't tell the difference between fiction and real life. I didn't know that Bugs Bunny cartoons were still being made; they won't be a patch on the old ones, no more Chuck Jones and Mel Blanc.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Paul Browning and Greg Perry

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#14 by Del Phillipson , Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 am

It really is sad to see, I am no racist whatsoever, however what I see going on around the world is wrong in EVERY department, you should NEVER want to erase history, you should learn from it, GWTW was made in 1939 and it depicts a time when those views were acceptable, these Numpties want to change history for their own gratification, this cannot be allowed to happen and if they pull down Winston Churchill's monument there will be hell to pay.

P.S. just a little piece of history for you all, apparently the first American slave owner (1654) was a Tobacco farmer called Anthony Johnson......... a black man.

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Robert Crewdson and Gwyn Morgan

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#15 by Terry Sills ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:29 pm

....and now they want to ban The Railway Children because they think it might encourage children to play on the railways! Surely all this rubbish comes from the lefties and PC lecturers at some universities. I agree with Tom. The problem is that all this stuff and nonsense seems to go ahead unchallenged and if it is, that person is shown the racist card. Free speech is finished in this country and Enoch has been proved right by history imho.

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Martin Dew, Robert Crewdson and Del Phillipson
Terry Sills

#16 by Martin Dew , Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:03 pm

I'm sure Fawlty Towers will be next. This is all tragic.

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Robert Crewdson, Gwyn Morgan and Del Phillipson

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#17 by Paul Browning , Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:05 pm

A man of vision Enoch Powell, he warned them 1968, and we see before us it all coming true. The English defence league have now said they will be in attendance in London to defend the statues from the baying mob, and we all know what that means..... The mickey taking, the name calling was a part of growing up, in preparation for the real world. George orwell's book 1984 warning of what is happening now, repainting, changing names erasing the past is very dangerous, because anyone with a bit of grey matter will know you learn not to repeat the mistakes in the future. Driven by Marxist ideologies, but looking very much like the Nazi's again. I hope there isn't a film burning day...............

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson, Gwyn Morgan, Greg Perry and Del Phillipson
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#18 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:20 pm

Sounds familiar,bit like "Fahrenheit 451"!
Not sure of the exact temperature film burns excluding nitrate,but I bet it smells

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

#19 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:07 am

well, for a laugh, i see UK channel has now banned any more showings of the Faulty Towers episode which was known to most people as Dont mention the war. It is quite laughable isn't it, HOWEVER<

Please let me end this thread permanently on a history lesson of fact, And this is not me being this that or the other, but after this is will ask Greg to lock it so as to keep everything else as film. but it fact, not made up, and it is absolutely what every normal thinking person knows but is probably afraid to say, this was something a good friend of the film collecting world sent me and i read it and thought, "thats everything to the point and in a nutshell,
the minorities have already taken over our capital, LONDON, it has ‘no go areas’ as for our police, they are under physical threat of being taken for a ‘ride’ in a van and murdered. This country will end up in a race war, Powell, as I said earlier, was right, even then. My mantra has always been, you do NOT allow Ethnics into your Politics, Judicial, or Policing. Then they wonder why we have all this aggro.
I have said this for decades, but thanks to Blair/Cameron, we have anarchy, these buggers are
Trouble, it should have been stated, that any unrest, they are deported. Myself, my views, seriously, your end of the country, (here in the south west), was besieged by raids of Moors, whole villages taken into slavery, the Romans ruled us, folk sorted as gladiators in games etc, then the Viking raids, until Alfred the Great, then the Normans, our country has been enslaved by every bugger,
BUT WE GOT OVER IT, we are Brits, resilient, multicultural even, but the Italians, Greeks, and Hispanics Etc melded into our society, welcomed.
This sudden hatred of our country’s history, must be challenged, these third world rubbish flock here, if we are so racist, why do they come to OUR COUNTRY, this troupe through the EU, to land here, to dictate, destroy our history, they have little to offer, indeed, many are ISIS supporters, but I blame the race traitors, the local idiots that went along with vandalism, hoping to erase our history, these guys involved in slave trading, then It was not a crime, these men, put money into their cities/towns. Granted we think we know better, indeed, slavery still goes on, just look at the record of a former minister using slave labour and she was coloured!! The far right will become the next Nazi party, thanks to weak Government!

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Robert Crewdson, Martin Dew, Paul Browning and Gwyn Morgan
Del Phillipson sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#20 by Del Phillipson , Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:52 am

Fabulous post Tom, glad you are closing the thread as I don't think ANYONE could better follow that post.

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Paul Browning
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#21 by Martin Dew , Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:35 am

Totally agree, Tom. If it's so awful here, why does everyone want to live here? Same with the US. People flock to free countries, then want to change the system once they arrive.

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Robert Crewdson, Gwyn Morgan and Tom Photiou

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#22 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Thank you Tom a great post,I just think its all very very sad and Fawlty Towers is the final straw.

Robert Crewdson likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

#23 by Terry Sills ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:03 pm

Why close the thread? There's plenty more to say. Personally I totally agree with Tom's views, but with regard to the removal of statues of famous men of the past, I hold the view that all men are sinners and these men will certainly have done things that are regretful by today's standards, but they were living in different times and also redeemed themselves in making great contributions to society in later life. Even Churchill made some retrihensible decisions, but what a great man, who guided us to victory over the nazis. There was only one who was sinless who famously said ' He that is without sin - let him throw the first stone.' So why should we tolerate these ' no nothing' idiots. On Tom's point about the mass immigration from Islamic countries brought about by Blair, no politician in this country has the balls to critisize it.
At least Australian politicians have the courage to call out Islam, describing them as destroyers of multiculturalism, diversity, democracy and liberty.

Tom Photiou likes this
Terry Sills

#24 by Greg Perry , Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:09 pm

Discussions like these sometimes occur on our forum and most often arise from an initial post that is film related. As film lovers we are very aware of the dangers of censorship and limitations on free speech that impact not only our hobby but also our lives.

This also means that any and all viewpoints are allowed here as well--even if we may not agree with them, and likewise they may not agree with ours. So free speech is welcomed here, but within the boundaries already established.

But our forum is not a political one, it is about films and projectors. Films are what gives us a needed break from the stress of things like the Chinese Covid-19 virus, the rioting and unrest that started here in Minnesota a few weeks back, personal health issues, and politics...you get the idea....So, now is the time to re-focus back on the enjoyment of film that gives us all a break from the stress of things.

Please PM me for more dialogue on this as may be needed....Thread is now "locked".

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Tom Photiou
David Skillern sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

Last edited 06.12.2020 | Top

Recent sample of ebay selling prices for 16mm and Super 8...
On a happier note :-)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor