The Hateful Eight / 2001: A Space Odyssey Trailers

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 30, 2020 5:03 pm

Two trailers to films that dont need any introduction. One from 1968 and one from 2016.

2001 is of course the classic sci fi movie and this generous length trailer is the same one i had on super in scope but sold on due to slight fade creeping in, also, the image was not very sharp and the sound was only average. Now, a few yews on this great action packed trailer was offered to me in 16mm scope and i couldn't turn it down. What a difference, pin sharp bright image, glorious colours of which my images really dont do any justice to it, and superb sound doing full justice to the great music of Richard Strauss's Also sprach Zarathustra which via my old 70s Pioneer amp is fantastic.It also has a quote tag from the Times newspaper, (last image) which was not on my 8mm print.

The Hateful eight is the 8th film by Quentin Tarantino. We all about this movie, personally, i have not seen the full film. I think a lot of the publicity was also due to the fact that he managed to persuade Ennio Morriconie to do the score for and he also won the Oscar for it. A lot of people i know did go to see it and one of my mates fell asleep half way though while those who stayed awake seemed to be in two groups, it was either too long and boring or they thought it was great. At three hours i decided to wait for the blu ray but to this date have never bought it or seen it.
This trailer is a great scope screen filler. It does its job of making you want to see the movie, and for my home screen, What a title to have. It never did materialise on super 8 but even it did, it would not look like this. A great trailer, excellent quality and superb sound makes this another i had to have.

I cropped the second image due to me holding the camera at a scilly angle so ive straightened it up a bit

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 05.30.2020 | Top

RE: The Hateful Eight / 2001: A Space Odyssey Trailers

#2 by Greg Perry , Sat May 30, 2020 6:35 pm

Tom,

The 2001 trailer may well be the best looking trailer I have ever seen--just from your pics here of course...

Samuel Jackson is great in the Hateful Eight. I would agree the movie is a bit too long and there are a few slow spots, but once the action kicks in it is good.
I would say it reminds me of a Sam Peckinpah film, based on the somewhat excessive/bloody violence. The Tarantino films that I have seen I always enjoy but I haven't seen all of his. A fun trailer to own and watch...

We need Steve Osborne or some another champ to print out some of these--on 16mm preferably--but I would take Super 8 as well....
Thanks for posting these great pics!

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: The Hateful Eight / 2001: A Space Odyssey Trailers

#3 by Gwyn Morgan , Sat May 30, 2020 8:11 pm

Two great trailers there Tom,I personally thought Hateful Eight was not Tarantino best but at least if you were lucky you could see it on real film.
Both look to be in excellent condition great colours and picture very sharp.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

The Hallelujah Trail Scope low fade.
The Kentucky Fried Movie, 1977. Director John Landis

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor