Dark star

#1 by Paul Wilson , Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:02 pm

Picked up 'dark star' 4x 400 ft iver films.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Eivind Mork and Gwyn Morgan
Paul Wilson  
Paul Wilson
Date registered 02.13.2018
ThankYou 2

RE: Dark star

#2 by Tom Photiou , Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:27 am

Looks good. Dame boxes(plastic cases) as my old chainsaw massacre boxes.

In actual fact, i did learn something late last night. Indeed the original boxes when these were first released were card boxes. Ex forum member,(Hugh scott, greatly missed on here) contacted me to correct this as he has the very first Iver release of texas chainsaw which was not abridged, that one came on five reels not four and also Dark Star(still on 4 reels) which were both supplied in card boxes. The plastic cases came a little later and of course texas chainsaw was then on 4 x 400 being slightly abridged which is the one we bought new in 1979.

Paul Wilson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Never seen Dark Star,is it any good? Mark

Mark Mander

#4 by Tom Photiou , Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:53 pm

Mark, i think its a great film, you have to bear in mind when viewing it this film was made on a 60 grand budget by two film students, John Carpenter and Dan o Bannen who plays Sergeant Pinback. The special effects are OK, sometimes it looks a bit iffy but if you read how it was all put together back in 1974 it's quite amazing it ever got released. I'm pleased Iver saw fit to put it out on our gauge. The "beech ball alien" is well funny, if scilly but it has a good mix of everything. And if your photo sensitive there are scenes of flashing , (amplified on our super 8 screens), that can bring on epileptic fits to those who are susceptible to them. This is a warning the main TV channels use to put out before the start of it.

Paul Wilson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Change of Interest
Picked up this on holiday!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor