My new toy, take 2. The Bauer T610

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:02 pm

My apologies on this occasion for a crossover thread, but on this occassion i wanted to get back on after a few weeks off the forums,

Some time ago i purchased a T610 Bauer from Europe which unfortunately, didn't work out. It had several faults and only came with a 1:2 lens and was almost 500 quid. Looking back now i paid way over the odds for it. Fortunately the company, (despite me being less than kind), did refund me in full so that was that. It was a very nice stereo machine and i did say at the time that if i could find a decent one in the UK for 250-300 max i would like to reinvest as it was the first full stereo machine i owned. Not to mention they are ridiculously quiet running & no wow on any type of film.

Move on a few years later, and thank you very much to Stuart Reed, he contacted me and asked if i was still looking for one. As it happened i wasn't looking out but after a chat to my Brother we thought, may as well add it to the collection and that will complete our projectors so hopefully we have more than enough "to see us through".
When Stuart contacted me he said he had a good one which he had serviced, it also came with a lovely Schneider 1:1 lens which as you all know makes a huge difference. The framer had been replaced with a Van Ek one and the sound was perfect on both channels. He even sent me a video of the projector working and a recording of the stereo sound being produced.
Just to top it all off, Stuarts family are in Plymouth and it just so happened they were visiting him in London and they very kindly delivered it to my home. This way my worry of the machine being damaged in transit through the couriers was put to rest. It doesn't get much better than that does it? Actually, it does, the instructions booklet is in English which is actually not so common with these projectors.
I gave it a quick run up and was pleased to report back to Stuart that everything is 100%.
Thank you very much Stuart.

I am aware that these machines use a lot of plastic parts so although it will be used reasonably regularly, i will still use Elmo 1200 HD's as my main machines, but the Bauer will be great for my few stereo prints and for when i do have friends around to show off a bit.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Vidar Olavesen, Greg Perry and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: My new toy, take 2. The Bauer T610

#2 by Eivind Mork , Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:48 pm

Good to see you here again, Tom! And congratulations on the new projector. Nothing better than buying from people you trust. It looks like you got a very good deal indeed, and superb service with the shipping :-)

Greg Perry likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: My new toy, take 2. The Bauer T610

#3 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:31 pm

Thank you, i am looking forward to getting everything all up and running,

Eivind Mork likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015