The Silence of the Lambs. 4 x 600ft Stereo LPP feature

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:59 pm

After waiting patiently now for around 15/20 years, AND, thanks to Martin Dew for the pointer, i am now pleased to be a proud owner of this superb horror/thriller from 1991.
No need to tell anyone the story of this movie other than i recieved a copy Yesterday on its original 4 x 600ft reels, in its original box and with all of its leaders.
The only thing i was worried about was how the sound was going to be, however, the worry was unfounded as this appears to be on pre striped stock. (i think). Not only is the sound absolutely 1st class, The image is, (as was advertised upon its release and in the FFTC review), one of the best on super 8. It is pin sharpe throughout with A1 colours.
To top all of this off, i could not find a single line anywhere on the image, maybe a fleeting climps at one point toward the very end of reel three for a split second, but thats it.
I always said i would never pay a second mortgage for a film, (in other words, the stupid prices you see on ebay), and am please to say that this was sold to me for a normal dealers list price, otherwise i wouldn't have bought it. However, in order to pay for films like this i have sold off some films that have more than raised the necessary sum. Obviously it would be good to keep everything but as already said, other bills must be paid in life and in order to gain this superb 2 hour movie i believe i have passed on around 6 short movies, with films still listed on fleabay i will continue to clear some "faded, older" prints and gain quality over quantity. For me, this is the bees knees. At last with Die Hard, Grease, T2 and others, my features collection is now being fulfilled along with my 16mm features. Love this film, Thank you Martin.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 09.21.2018 | Top

RE: The Silence of the Lambs. 4 x 600ft Stereo LPP feature

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:43 am

Well done getting this. Great film. Looks great too. Was it expensive?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#3 by Bill Phelps , Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:27 am

That looks like a great copy you got there.....a real classic.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Bill Phelps
Date registered 05.22.2018
home: Massillon Ohio USA
ThankYou 54

#4 by Greg Perry , Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:03 am

Tom,
What a fantastic addition to you and your brother's film collection!

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#5 by Tom Photiou , Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:39 am

Thank you to all, it certainly is a great film to have on super 8, its the first title i have had in many many years where it has arrived on all of its original reels and upon my first viewing, (before mounting it onto 2 x 1200 reels) i did not have to touch the focus knob at all from start to finish.
Vidar, expensive compared to what i would normally pay for any movie? a little, but overall, definatly not, i did say to the seller that i would fully understand if he wanted to list it on ebay as, to be fair, the gent would have got more, however, he he was happy to sell at a fixed price direct and that being the case, i could not turn it down. Who knows when another may turn up? I have tried for a very long time to get this title. I remember seeing this at the cinema and at that point thinking, "how good would this be on my home screen"? That was in 1991!!
Had i have not decided to have sold on several shorts this year i most certainly would not have been able to afford it so i am much more than happy to continue to let films go that are now showing early signs of fade, the other good thing about letting these go is that i know other collectors will continue to enjoy these films as we have for many years previously.
I dont enjoy seeing films that were once glorious in colour turning, but to replace a few shorts with this really makes it all worth while again.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

The following members like this: Martin Dew, Del Phillipson and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

The Selznick Years 3 x 400ft colour & b/w sound
The Silencers. 400ft Colour Sound.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor