Movie Projectors/Filmprojektoren book by Jurgen Lossau

#1 by Greg Perry , Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:24 am

This book was recently written about and recommended by Mats Abelli and Maurice Leakey as part of Tom P.'s request for info on various projectors. (This book may have been previously discussed by others here as well, not sure though). This book covers many film projectors in 9.5, 16mm, Super 8 and 8mm.

While this is a very expensive book, it is a true goldmine of information about both the popular brands as well as the little-known projector brands. It is well worth it to keep an eye out for a copy of this book at a price you may find reasonable.

It is a dual-language book written in both German and English. In fact, it has dual book covers--one in German and one in English (as shown in the next two pics). The pages of text alternate between German and English. This makes it a little confusing to follow along at first, as you still need to examine the pictures on ALL of the pages regardless of the language.

In-depth articles about the history and unique features of various brands/models are provided as well. These two Fumeo pages show how one page is German and the next is English....

And there is some fascinating history about the use of Super 8 projectors on airline flights with pics of some of the equipment that was used:

Then, if you flip the book around you get the catalog portion, covering 2,800 projectors. Numerous pictures of various models are shown as well as charts with more detailed feature info.

Hope these pictures showcase what a great book this is. I believe the author, Jurgen Lossau, has a similar book covering Movie Cameras, and a paperback book called "Cut" which covers various film splicers.

The following members like this: Iman Yahya and Bill Phelps
Martin Dew and Mats Abelli say Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: Movie Projectors/Filmprojektoren book by Jurgen Lossau

#2 by Bill Phelps , Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:40 am

Excellent book.....I finally bought it, and it is expensive but worth it. It took some serious time and effort to put this book together so I do understand the cost. If you are into film and projectors this book is a must have.

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Greg Perry

Bill Phelps
Date registered 05.22.2018
home: Massillon Ohio USA
ThankYou 54

Last edited 07.26.2018 | Top

#3 by Mats Abelli , Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:41 am

You are right about the books, Greg. Plus some more titles. You can find Juergen on face book. He is also an owner of an analog photo shop in Berlin. You can contact him via messenger. https://www.facebook.com/juergen.lossau. ( He is good at English and very friendly )

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Martin Dew

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#4 by Maurice Leakey , Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:31 am

I should like to point out that the book has a companion Movie Cameras which is just as good. I have both which I bought new from the publishers many years ago. I must admit that I refer to the projector book more than the camera book, but having said that, it's a great book to read and for reference.
http://en.atollmedien.de/index.php?route...t&product_id=31

Greg Perry likes this
Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Castle Films Reference Book...

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor