Projector Maintenance / Repair / Improvement Items

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Like many others recently, I have just taken advantage of the sad situation of the Maplins closing down sale and their final reductions as they look to offload as much stock as they can before closing the business for good once again here in the UK very sadly.
I for one will really miss their convenience even if not their general prices while they were solvent.

Here is what I purchased,..

2x Heat shrink (different sizes) for soldering finished work actiivities.
3x A1 232 Osram Xenophot lamps for nigh on all of the projectors I use.
2x 40mm x40mm 12v Brushless Axial fans for future planned Beaulieu Twin Track lamp upgrade project.
3x Dichroic Lamp holders (always always handy to have spares of!)
300 assorted pack of snap ring connectors 1.6mm Dia to 22.2 mm Dia - Always always handy too! - They ain't called Snap Rings for nothing!!
1x Helping Hands soldering aid. (I had a set but they were very tired looking now)

All in all , a good days shopping tinged with a little sadness if I am honest, but may as well take advantage while we still can.
I spent less on this little lot than I ever previously have done whenever I have set foot in the place!

300 Snap Rings plus convenient storage box for just £1.35,.. now that is a good days shopping!!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:34 pm | Top

RE: Projector Maintenance / Repair / Improvement Items

#2 by Stuart Reid , Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Well done Andrew, unfortunately my local one has nothing of that nature left, slim pickings!

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Your location suggests to me Stuart that you may have far more scientific creative minds than we currently do then, here at Salford .

They are still accepting web orders however for any inventory left.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Stuart Reid likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Maurice Leakey , Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:16 pm

I initially thought it was just the shops that were closing, but following a visit to my two local Maplin stores, they told me that their mail-order business was also closing. However, I did clear out their shelves of:-
A1/215. A1/223. A1/231. A1/232. A1/259.

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Happy birthday Andrew

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor