Ebay: Film Stock or Other Formats? How do you search?

#1 by Stuart Reid , Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Ebay is a weird beast isn't it? I think I've got all the angles covered to catch 99% of the prints offered on the site, by checking the above listings, but then all of a sudden i'll do a search for something else (like the 600ft reels I was looking for) and suddenly a whole load of other prints that I've never seen will come up. So how do you guys keep abreast of all the prints on eBay? Reveal your secrets!

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

RE: Ebay: Film Stock or Other Formats? How do you search?

#2 by Mats Abelli , Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:50 pm

I usually search in film stock and other formats. Sometimes I search all categories for Disney 16 mm or Laurel Hardy 8 mm, for example. Many non film collecting sellers don´t know were to advertise these auctions. i have also found films under cameras and photography.

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

RE: Ebay: Film Stock or Other Formats? How do you search?

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:57 pm

I don't miss a trick Stuart on the UK site at least, but you are right, it's only often as an extension or a sponsored link to another ad I'm looking at that I can at times spot something I would otherwise have missed.

I have all of the key words and phrases stored as part of my searches and yet still occasionally, I only spot some top Super 8mm items towards the end of the sale by virtue of what I said above.
Weird but it's just the way it works sometimes, especially if placed in the wrong category.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Phil's latest PDF lists.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor