An ST1200 for $75!

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:48 pm

For the sake of sorting out a front clutch mechanism and sorting out the solenoid circuit for the threading, there is an ST1200 offered to our American collecting fraternity for just $75!😊😊

Bob is a great guy,someone I've dealt with many times over the years and a very honest guy in his word, so otherwise I don't doubt for a second that you are buying a real nice fully functioning machine.

A bargain at these kind of prices and very very simple to sort out the two minor niggles.

There is that rewind damage to those clutches surfacing again though!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:51 pm | Top

RE: An ST1200 for $75!

#2 by Tom Photiou , Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:22 pm

if it was a HD it would be worth that as a spares machine.

Die Hard / Silence of the Lambs. 8 or 16 anyone?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:52 am

Hopefully, rather than used just as a spares machine, the new owner will get the small amount of work required for this machine to work properly, done so it can be used to its full potential for many a year to come.
Machines described as this one is here, should never really find their way onto a scrap heap or used just to sabotage for spare parts for others.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:58 am | Top

#4 by Tom Photiou , Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:56 am

unless its mine
only potential problem would be those guides, on an old 1200,(non HD), these are getting on a bit and i couldn't trust it not to scratch.

Die Hard / Silence of the Lambs. 8 or 16 anyone?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 03.31.2018 | Top

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:38 am

Whenever I've unhooked all of the guides from the ST's I've had, some which at that time really hadn't seen too much service at all, I've never found anything actually visibly worn on any of them.

It still didn't help my cause however, so it isn't just the guides I fear on these.
Well not for my own it wasn't anyway.

The HD one I had was far worse than my "green" version I've kept, for scratching, and this oldest one I've kept back, has so far proved to be the kindest overall of any I've had though still not completely trustworthy by any means.

My first ever ST 1200 (circa 1985), was a similar version to the one I still have and it was terrible for scratching. The worse one of them all unfortunately.
Derann ended up with that one by the finish.
Pity help whoever bought it from them afterwards!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:54 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Morricone is back

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor