A visit to Mr. Guest!

#1 by Stuart Reid , Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:24 pm

As we found ourselves visiting relatives just down the road from him, the Reid family popped in to see legendary Fun Fair entrepreneur and film collecting fanatic David Guest. He made us all feel very welcome, and the kids were speechless at the various bits and pieces of fairground rides and wonderful steam organs that were being restored. I was very taken with his gorgeous Austin 7 that belonged to his dad. And then it was time for the main event: the legendary film outhouse! Have to say my jaw dropped at the sheer number of projectors and prints stacked from floor to ceiling. Classic British flicks, IB Tech, Scope, shorts, documentaries, cartoons, you name it, there's probably a print of it knocking about in there! David tells me that it's just a small section of his total collection, a collection which he will fully turn his attention to over the next decade as he eases back on the gruelling funfair circuit. Take a look at the snaps I took and salivate!

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

RE: A visit to Mr. Guest!

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Brilliant day out for you and your family there Stuart!
I was hoping for a similar brilliant day out nearer to your neck of the woods at Wembley, but alas, it wasn't to be due to,. You guessed it, work getting in the way once again.

Anyhow, I'm glad David made it feel like home from home for you and your family here up north and as well as all of the fantastic array of 16mm film and apparatus, I hope you got a sneak peak into some of those fabulous 8mm films David now has also!

Well done to all for a great day out and I hope you thoroughly enjoyed yourself Stuart.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:26 am | Top

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:11 pm

Did you leave with a truck load Stewart?

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Stuart Reid likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:14 pm

He purchased all of the above! (photographed) -

He wishes!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Stuart Reid likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:15 pm | Top

#5 by Dave Guest , Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:38 pm

thanks stuart it was nice to meet you and your family I think the kids loved listening to the organs glad you got home alright with all the reels etc see you again soon at blackpool

The following members like this: Stuart Reid and Gwyn Morgan

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Gems of our collection

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor