A piece of Cine History.

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:24 pm

I bought this piece of film memorabilia last year from a seller in Germany; the tin says The Reichsstelle fur Unterrichtsfilm (RfdU). The Reichstelle for the Educational Film was founded in 1934 by the Minister of Culture, Bernhard Rust. In 1940 the name was changed to Reichsantalt fur Film und Bild in Wissencraft (RWU), by 1944 it produced some 900 films, and was renamed again after the defeat of Germany in 1945, The film wasn't original to the tin, as I had hoped, but I was interested in both. The film , which is about the stringed instruments of the orchestra, Violin, Viola, Cello and Bass, was made for the entertainment and education of American service men who were convalescing. There is currently one of these empty tins on sale in the UK (not Ebay), for £15, so I did well to get both tin and film for £8. The indentations at the side are not damage, but made that way to grip the bottom half.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Gwyn Morgan, Del Phillipson, Greg Perry and Don Cunningham
Robert Crewdson
Last edited Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:27 pm | Top

RE: A piece of Cine History.

#2 by Eivind Mork , Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Very nice! :-) The box is very cool, even without an original print inside!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

The NT1 experiment, will it run again?
16MM 400FT SPOOLS AND CANS FOR SALE

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor