Where can i get this lead please or an alternative

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:21 pm

As you may know i put the sound from my Elmo 1200 HD through an amp via the aux out,
The connecting lead is the short lead that plugs into the aux out jack, its about 4/6 inches long and the other end is a multi pin female din , this then connect to the next longer lead with the matching male din which then goes to twin male aux plugs to go into the amp for twin mono sound.
Only one side speakers are working but this short lead has been playing me up for a while, the amp is fine , the speakers do both work and the projector seems fine.

Looking for Home alone trailer and Abba Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Where can i get this lead please or an alternative

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:33 am

Describe again please Tom (or better still photograph), exactly which lead or cable connection is letting the side down please.

None are hard to get or configure, whether that be Phono, Mini Jack 3.5mm Mono or Stereo or 5 Pin Din socket / Plug.

We just need to know how it starts out in life and how it terminates to configure it or select a made up one for your exact needs in this case.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 am | Top

#3 by David Ollerearnshaw , Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Seems a little too many connectors there. You should be able to buy or get one made up using just a plug on each end. I think this is the one on the projector mono plug. Are the ones on the amp 'rca' type? Is the din is only use to change connector type?

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#4 by Tom Photiou , Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Here we go chaps,
This is the lead that comes in the Elmo accessory pack with the projector, Jack plug to go into the aux out, to a 5 pin DIN female, the longer lead is to connect into this female and ends into two jack plugs to go into the input of my Pioneer amp. Its to ensure twin mono via the stereo amp.It is the small lead i am having the problem with, darn thing falls apart.
then into this lead

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#5 by Maurice Leakey , Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Tom
The short lead you connect to your projectior is obviously a special lead and probably now unobtainable. The input plugs to your amp are described as RCA phono plugs.
Here is a lead on eBay which should do the trick all in one go. I assume the jack into the projector is a 3.5mm mono.
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-3-5mm-Mono...~oAAOSwhpZaHfWn

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Last edited 12.22.2017 | Top

#6 by Tom Photiou , Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Thanks Maurice, looking good, now ordered, in fact for that price, 2 ordered.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:40 am

I will study this tomorrow now Tom at this time of night. Ha ha ha.
But thanks for the pics matey.
It guarantees you WILL get a replacement when time permits this becomes our priority.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:34 pm | Top

#8 by Maurice Leakey , Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:57 am

That's good, Tom.
The Elmo ST-1200 HD 2-Track offered nine accessory cords and two plug adaptors.
Your faulty lead was part no. MC-003, a 1.5m long lead with a 3.5mm jack plug at one end (to plug into the projector) and a DIN female on the other end. This accessary lead enabled connections to be made with other DIN leads.

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Having looked at this arrangement it appears that all that is really needed is one long lead with a 3.5mm mono mini jack on one end, then terminating at the other end to two phono plugs for placing into your Pioneer amplifier inputs.

Obviously this would be configured by placing the same positive signal input from the mini jack to both phono plugs to give left and right channels an input.

I may have one to send you Tom or alternatively I can get one locally from Maplins or the likes.
What overall length would you prefer?

At least by having a lead like this, it would save you the hassles you are experiencing by having an intermediate pair of DIN connections that over time could become prone to bad connection issues.

Just let me know matey of your preferences and I will send you one as a belated Christmas present. 😊😊🎄🎄

Ps I will try it out first on my own ST 1200 or SH 30 to an ext amp just to make certain it is configured correctly for your intended purposes.

I take it you are only using the yellow output socket from your PJ outputs then and not the twin green ones which allows for a separate signal from each of the two separate tracks?

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:41 pm | Top

#10 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:13 pm

That image of the adaptor lead, the plug that goes in to the projector looks like its only mono. Always thought those 'DIN' plugs were crap. The inside of the din the insulated wire should go to two pins to give the signal to both channels, but it is only mono sound. If its like my GS it should have 2 outputs L/R for 2 mono jack plugs, so I think you need 2 leads with a jack plug and rca on the other.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

Tom Photiou likes this

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:22 pm

No it can be done David, it just means splitting the signal two ways to feed both phono plugs.

Obviously both signals are identical so it still only outputs as mono sound but it will work through both speakers.

I actually like the din standard German plugs and sockets. They are quiet a professional feel interconnect, I find.
A bit like comparing a Balanced XLR socket to a 6.3 socket by comparison.

The only issues at times is that the standard can occasionally be different between machines and therefore not every lead will work the same for each different machine.

An example of this is a 5pin din lead I have that goes out to a red and white set of stereo phono plugs.
This sends a perfect stereo signal out from any of my Bauer machines into an external mixer or amplifier yet this same lead does nothing when connected to my stereo Beaulieu machine.

For that machine I use another of these leads, this time terminating to 4 phono plugs of which two of them carry the output signals from the din socket / plug.
The other two phono plugs are used for connecting this lead in a different manner and then carry INPUT signals into the projector for recording purposes.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:25 pm | Top

#12 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:23 pm

You are quite right Tom. The green outputs are devoid of any pre amplification so the output signal from them is ridiculously low to begin with sadly.

You are correct however in that any output obtained by using these green twin sockets would be in true stereo while ever an actual stereo film was being projected.

In any attempt I ever made of trying to amplify these signals into something capable of being close to line level for an input signal, I simply couldn't keep the signal clean enough when amplified.
Lots of unwanted noise unfortunately so probably by far the best outputted sound you would get from your HD would be obtained by using the just the single mono yellow socket output which IS at line level by passing through the pre amplifier inside the projector.

See my note back to you Tom regarding your cable requirements and let me know if you really need a cable length this long please.
Once we have Christmas out of the way, I will try to dig a lead out for you or I will get you one if I don't already have a suitable spare.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
An unashamed Plug

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor