A Message From Phil At CHC

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:01 pm

"Once again this month we have complaints from customers that the films they are interested in are already sold.

PLEASE follow the following instructions when you order

If you want a film, ask us if its available and ask us to hold or complete the transaction. . If you don't say "hold" you will get a reply saying " at this time it is available"

Unless told to hold we continue to offer all films.

Customers do complain that films go well before they have chance to phone and reserve. We send all lists out to all customers at once. This gives all of you a chance to buy at the same time. No customer is offered preferential treatment.

If this is unsuitable to some, please do tell us of a better way and we will consider it. We have considered splitting the list into 2 or 4 smaller lists and sending them out weekly to each small list.

I would value opinions"

Phil Sheard chc
Classic Home Cinema :cine film services 01472 291934
www.classichomecinema.co.uk
Please note that we are closed on Sundays, Mondays and all Bank Holidays

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:02 pm | Top

RE: A Message From Phil At CHC

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Any list should go out at the exact same time to everyone on their mailing list and any lists should be merged into one solo list at that time for each of the guages.

Those are my views on it anyhow and if films are offered in this fair and simple manner,..what's anyone got to complain about?

Phil welcomes all opinions on this topic from whoever deals with him, especially those who have felt the need to complain.
So do please send them along if you feel this current method of working can be improved upon somehow.

I look forward to hearing back from Phil in the future, what some of those suggestions might just be.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:41 pm | Top

#3 by Stuart Reid , Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:50 pm

In this day and age, a simpler option would be to have a proper online catalogue, updated in real time. it wouldn't require a great effort and would mean that the lists would always, always reflect what's available. Add in online pay options, plus the ability to set alerts for when the catalogue is updated, and you'd have an efficient way of dealing with CHC's entire stock of new and used film and accessories.

Martin Dew likes this

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:12 pm

that's a mighty fine set of suggestions there Stuart!
Somehow though, I doubt Phil would be in a position to set up such an infrastructure without say obtaining the services of a website provider to facilitate such an automated and transparent method of providing a service.

It then of course, would rely on speedy and precise updates, something else which Phil's shop has come under criticism for at times.

At present and as things stand, one suggestion I'd put forward to him is to update his lists more frequently.
Often films that I've purchased several weeks earlier still make Phil's lists and while I understand he waits to see if anyone returns any of them for whatever reasons, once three to four weeks have lapsed, surely then you can assume for UK sales at least, that the customer has both received the goods and is satisfied enough with them not to be returning them.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:17 pm | Top

#5 by David Ollerearnshaw , Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

What's the problem? Derann never had live listings. Many times I called them to find the film had sold. Remember Phil could always just sell on ebay.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:19 pm

You'd have to ask that question to someone who has complained recently David.

I don't know who those individuals may be but unless they speak up, we will never know exactly what their apparent problems may be.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:20 pm | Top

#7 by Maurice Leakey , Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:02 pm

I was always under the impression that Phil's films were not to hand in the shop and were stored in a separate warehouse. This meant that a visit to the warehouse to check if still available. Or has the system now been changed?

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:12 pm

That was many many years ago now Maurice.

Ever since having even his other shop, all of his films were kept on the premises.
They were whenever I've been anyhow.
In his old shop they were all stored in the back for Super 8mm and upstairs for 16mm I think. ( not 100% sure for the 16mm stuff as I never looked at any of it.)

Front of shop was filled with his model train stuff he sells and whenever I've visited there were always one or two train geeks loitering around the place in a sure fire rush to explain to me that my surname was actually linked to a steam engine of similar name.

Fascinating stuff I must say!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:15 pm | Top

#9 by Maurice Leakey , Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:16 pm

It doesn't seem that long ago that Denise would say:- "Phil's round at the warehouse".

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:16 pm

I think that meant he had nipped out to the bookies.

Andrew Woodcock

#11 by Tom Photiou , Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:34 pm

I think its all under one roof now, i dont have any problems other than this,
Not everyone has access to the internet 24/7, some dont have it all all during working hours so they are at a disadvantage. I think if you pay subs as i do then the list should go out to those first then either three days, (or up to a week) later to those who dont pay subs. Not a suggestion, just a thought
Must admit i find it odd anyone would actually complain if a film is gone, there is usually only one available, and as already said, like the older days of Derann and P Foster , Indi 8 and Perrys lists among others, it was always first come first served.
It's no good asking for a film to be reserved if you dont pay up at that point or at least the same day. Call me old fashioned but inst this how it works

it wasn't too long ago that i was mightily pissed as missing the Scope IB print of last valley from PF, aside using the word bollocks" when he said it was sold, thats it, cant complain, its one of those things, and as a fellow collector told me, "it's only stuff", we mustn't get upset. If i got upset every time i missed a title i wanted i think i'd be suicidal by now.Besides, think of the money saved.

Looking for Home alone trailer and Abba Scope trailer

David Alligan likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 11.02.2017 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Ads from the past

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor