HELP, what would you do here?

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 pm

Where to start?
Remember back along i mentioned that i had acquired two Draper Onyx professional screens? Well, i finally got around to sorting them out. they are identical but unfortunately one has a corner missing so i have tried to put one together and genuinely thinking this is going to be a fantastic screen with mega reflective white material.
The problem here? The size.It is rather larger and is obviously 4:3 however, do i keep it but have no black border, (which is awful) or what? what would you do? This is not a screen you can put away.I dont want to waste it nor do i wish to scrap it. That would be sacrilege

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: HELP, what would you do here?

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 20, 2017 12:23 am

Go for it Tom, so far as chopping the frame and screen material is concerned. It looks an easy project to bring about a tailor made successful brilliant screen that would cost a fortune otherwise if you were to ask a company to manufacture one specifically to your size.
Though a different shape to begin with, it looks about the same overall size in area to the one I have installed here. Certainly about as wide anyhow.

Is it Tab Tensioned btw?

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 20, 2017 12:57 am | Top

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 20, 2017 8:37 am

Thanks Andy, i will take a look at this but i think the corners,(4 large shaped plastic fitments that are also screwed on) have shaped lugs that fit into the frame ends. if i cut the side lengths i think where the lugs fit it would be gone as the fame posts arnt the same all the way. Does that make sense?
i'll pop up some images Sunday evening
Thanks for your reply.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 20, 2017 11:41 am

Yes Tom, if the framework has special routing or contours which it requires to allow the corner pieces to insert correctly while keeping the correct shape, then without some improvisations, it would appear your stuck with the screens original and fixed size and ratio Tom.

I hope you improvise with it somehow.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Eivind Mork , Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 pm

I am not the right to give advice here. But it sure will look great when it is up! I love your hat too :-)

Tom Photiou likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#6 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Elvind, my Fezz may well have to come up with the magic i need to modify it.
Just like that

Eivind Mork likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Umit & Son - possible trip there in July

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor