Psycho

#1 by Eivind Mork , Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:33 am

Super 8, 400' b/w sound digest.

A nice quality on this one. I know the story well and had no problem following the story. But they had removed the complete start of the film that explains why she ends up in the hotel. And it would be difficult to understand who the different persons were if I didn't know the film. But they had included all the scary parts which I guess most people want in the film. I am very happy to have this in the collection!

The following members like this: Martin Dew and Vidar Olavesen

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: Psycho

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:35 am

Snap! Ha ha. ;))

I have this one also Eivind. It's still terrific at only just over 15 minutes long!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:36 am | Top

#3 by Eivind Mork , Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:37 am

Maybe it was Mother that told us to mention this film at the same time :-) Those voices in the head :-)

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:22 am

Either that Eivind, or great minds think alike!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:22 am | Top

#5 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:11 am

A terrific addition to your collection Eivind! It's a highly desirable title with collectors...and usually carries a price tag that reflects that. :-/ Thank you for the great screenshots!

Eivind Mork likes this
Timothy Duncan

#6 by Paul Browning , Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:10 pm

The feature is superb, a German labs print. Hitchcock the master at work, but he took some convincing to allow the music score to be used, he just didn't think it needed anything
more shocking than the shower scene, but you imagine that shot now without it, wouldn't have the same impact shocking though it is, fantastic chilling Bernard Herman score.

The following members like this: Martin Dew and Eivind Mork
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#7 by Paul Browning , Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:45 pm

The universal 8 prints are usually very good of this, a very good cut down to have.

Eivind Mork likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#8 by Tom Photiou , Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:34 pm

We bought this from a dealer around ten years ago, i struck very lucky to, when i opened the box i thought the reel was mighty full, overflowing in fact.
Upon cleaning there was a 200 foot film spliced to the start of it.
Guess what it was?
Only the 200ft original release of the Psycho promo with Alfred Hitchcock walking around the set & as it's not the Derann re-releases it is on b/w film stock. We have left it on at the start of the 400ft Psycho ever since.
What a pity U8 didn't do this title as a 2 x 400ft like most of the other titles. Would love to get hold of the standard 8 full feature.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Eivind Mork likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#9 by Paul Browning , Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Is it better than the super 8 feature Tom ?. It was one of the first features Derann did. I finally got this on super 8 a few months back, a beautiful black and print from the German labs.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#10 by Tom Photiou , Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:04 pm

Paul, i didn't realise it was released on Super 8. I would like either now i found that out.
Was the super 8 release one to purchase or was it originally for rental only like the Standard 8 ones?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#11 by Paul Browning , Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:23 pm

This one I have Tom is CHC release on super 8 , I thought it was still available from Phil, I think the price would be prohibitive now. I purchased several features off the guy who just got fed up with setting up the projector stuff, I think he still has a GS1200. I had psycho, grease, hello dolly, the empire strikes back, plus he had the monster from pedrias blank (not my cup tea) he also had bugsy Malone, but sent me mickey's Christmas carol for free and that looked brand new, I bought a load of stuff off this guy. All these were first edition prints from derann or whoever was printing the stuff at the time, a really great guy to deal with, I missed several excellent features though including young Frankenstein, but I did get that later from a German collector.

Eivind Mork likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#12 by Eivind Mork , Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:12 am

I watched the digest with my wife. And when we had watched it she had forgotten how cool it was and now she wanted to see the full feature. I guess I could blame her and spend a lot of money for the full feature now (although she probably meant the one we have on the unmentionable) ;-)

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#13 by Tom Photiou , Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Blimey Paul, you got some great stuff there by the sound of it. We do have the 400ft version of Young Frankenstein which was re-recorded into English, (top quality it is to), by John Clancy. Watching how it was all done was quite fascinating for me as i have never really got into this side of the hobby. As i put everything via a pioneer stereo amp 99.9% of our films has very good sound. The other small percentage just got returned back to the supplier.

Paul Browning likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Another bunch I tested

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor