Colour correction filter

#1 by Colin Fish , Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:20 pm

Can anyone tell me the filter I need for prints faded to pink and the filter for prints fading to purple? I've passed up a couple of faded titles that I wanted but could a filter have sorted it? Thanks.

Colin Fish  
Colin Fish
Date registered 10.06.2016
ThankYou 5

RE: Colour correction filter

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Personally I like the ones I bought from eBay. Three intensities of cyan that can be combined

Here is how it helps
Filter or no filter?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Eivind Mork , Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I bought this one:
Werbung: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201709742333

The seller writes:
SPECIAL ORDER: 8MM and 35MM PROJECTOR COLOR FILTER CAPS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Last edited 11.16.2016 | Top

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Same I buy from. Nice guy

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Colin, no filter will ever bring your faded films back to anything like their former glory, however, Vidar with his recommendation here, has proven that this trio of filters, when used in the correct and appropriate arrangement for each different scenario dependent on level of fade, certainly do a first class of enhancing the enjoyment that can be obtained from all faded films.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Martin Dew likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Martin Dew , Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:38 am

Vidar, I read your comments, but are you happy with the results of the filters generally? I've just bought a 16mm print of Young Winston in scope. It's a very nicely detailed picture and the sound is booming, but unfortunately it's red! Will the cyan filter set make the film palatable for an audience, at least? I wouldn't show my friends this print as it stands now.

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

Last edited 11.23.2016 | Top

#7 by Eivind Mork , Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 am

Films that are slightly red will be correct if the filter is not too strong, but will look a bit paler. My use for it is for films that are quite a lot red or completely red. You will never get the colors back, but it will shift closer to a black and white feeling. I at least don't think about the red color too much. I don't mind watching red films, but I prefer to watch it with a filter. What is considered good enough to watch is very subjective to the person who sees it :-) The filters are not THAT expensive, and for me it was a very good investment. Let's see what Vidar answers :-) I Have the filters at the cabin, or else I should have taken a few photos with and without my filters. If I remember to do so I can take a few shots this weekend when I am probably there.

Martin Dew sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Last edited 11.23.2016 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
SUPER 8 DATA IS ALIVE AGAIN!!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor