Present from New Zealand

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 pm

The other week I wrote about acquiring some films and projector,well I have now had time to clean all the films and put new leaders and tails on all,as the films were still as they were nearly forty plus years ago.
All the films bar one are Castle Films,News Parades,all double perforated and silent in the original boxes or tins.There is only very slight perforation damage to a couple which I have repaired,and for their age all are in pretty good condition now they have been cleaned.
The films are News Parade 1939,1940,1941,1942,1943,1944,and1945.

Fight for Egypt,Victory n Sicily,Battle for Tunisia,Bismark victory at Sea,Smashed in Africa,,Salute to the Navy,Russia's smashing offensive,and camera thrills of the war.
Also with them came a sound film of the First World War which is 555 ft about the Anzac Regiment ,and it says in the box"Authorised copy of film rescued for NZ archives.This film is part of a NZ tv documentary series from what I have found so far.The film is in good condition,and all the better for having a new leader.
The projector is a Singer Graflex,which at one time belonged to the Massey University,Palmerston North,NZ.The machine was made in December 1971 from marking I've gleaned from inside the projector.
Anyway the machine and the films all came from New Zealand when the then owner a professor returned to GB to work here,so I reckon the films have travelled a fair way because one for the Castle boxes has Export on it ,so they could have travelled from uk/USA to NZ and then back to the uk.
I have uploaded some pics but they are taken in daylight so they could be better.
Don't know if we have any NZ members,but may be of interest.
The only problem I have found with the projector is that the volume is low even on its highest setting.Not really a problem as I have other sound machines,but I doubt that this machine has had much use at all as its in a very clean condition for its age.
Bit different from the usual finds as it has the paperwork to show its history.
Originall sale price of projector $201 ....now £40 for the lot

Attached pictures:
image_12.jpeg  

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Eivind Mork

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Present from New Zealand

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Graham Ritchie over on film tech, a well known long term collector, is in New Zealand Gwyn, though not his native country of origin of course.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:20 pm | Top

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:42 am

Some Great stuff there Gwyn,
Here Gwyn, you'll know that the reel cinema in Plymouth is now closed, to be replaced by a F****** student block, i cant get hold of anyone who is able to get me in there to grab a few small bits or some seats.
Any ideas?

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Tom it's not shut as of today they are still showing films.
From what I have heard the planning application has been withdrawn / or is on hold.
Will let you know more when I do.
Hope that's ok,Gwyn.📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Dunkirk

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor