Forbidden Planet Feature colour Sound.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:20 pm

Day 1 film 1,
We have decided to start the run through of our collection a little early. I obviously can't do a review of every film but i will try and do a decent amount, i will put some on the other thread what films did you see.
First on the list, Forbidden Planet A film that does not need any introduction or plotline.
This was a film we bought at Ealing a number of years ago, it was our first visit and we spotted this item in plain white boxes on the edge of the table, we asked if it was Ok & the guy said "i have no idea of its condition as i am selling on behalf of a friend".
I didn't want pose by pulling off a load of footage and holding it up to the light, this tells you precious little, so at £40 we took it home and this is what we got. Excellent image, excellent colour and superb sound, an absolute bargain. I havnt read the official review in any of the magazines but i am aware that there were some "dirty negative" marks here and there and these appear to be restricted to the ends of the reels, particularly at the start and end of reel 1 but at this price we dont care, its an 8mm classic. Such a pity they never released this one in scope.

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Vidar Olavesen, Eivind Mork and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Forbidden Planet Feature colour Sound.

#2 by Eivind Mork , Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:07 pm

A colleague has talked about this many times and has a big poster of it in his livingroom. Very nice screenshots, and it sure looks like a very good find! Looking forward to see as many screenshots of films you watch as possible! :-)

Tom Photiou likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:16 pm

Could almost be taken for 16mm ... Look very sharp. Great pictures there Tom

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:22 pm

Simply beautiful Tom!!! The film not you, you understand

I am certain you're wife won't agree with me there though matey! Only jossing pal

Fantastic looking print there matey and bargains just like we all used to hear of but now sadly, no longer.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:28 pm | Top

#5 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:02 am

WOW what a gorgeous looking print Tom and to think you actually thought about leaving our wonderful hobby. You should look at your collection with pride and enjoy it.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Eivind Mork
Del Phillipson

For a few Dollars More Marketing (2 or 3 400ft) Colour sound
Future Generation

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor