Arrived Today!

#1 by David Ralph ( deleted ) , Tue May 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Fresh from the hands of the postperson ( is that the PC description?) is a copy of the Walton 400ft of The Man On The Eifel Tower. This is black and white copy so should be better than my other ebay purchase of the Jolson Story which was sooooo faded and pink that it was almost 600ft of clear film!
Will have a look tonight after work and let you all know whether I wasted £10

Vidar Olavesen likes this
David Ralph

RE: Arrived Today!

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue May 03, 2016 1:55 pm

I do hope not David. It's great to see your collection is coming along nicely already, and in so little time. There are hundreds if not thousands of decent digests still to be had with really decent colour so don't lose hope if all isn't 100% perfect.

The more we purchase, the wiser we all get this time around. I myself made many poor purchases in the early days, expecting everything to look the same, which of course, was never going to be the case.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by David Ralph ( deleted ) , Tue May 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Andrew your absolutely right. I think I'm expecting the films I buy to have some good colour and sound but the reality is that there are some real 'dogs' out there. The copy of the Jolson Story was exceptionally grim for quality but then I did only pay 0.99p for it so maybe I got what I paid for ... a new 600ft reel!
I have just run The Man on the Eifel Tower and it is fine - good old Walton Films they produced some really good films.

David Ralph

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue May 03, 2016 10:01 pm

The Waltons should be some of your better options from this particular era of package movies David.

The best Super 8mm films have astonishing quality but equally the worse can be awful by today's viewing standards.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed May 04, 2016 11:10 am

Fingers crossed David, all future purchases are as good as your "Eiffel Tower".

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A little expensive?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor