Nice day of film fun!

#1 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:16 am

On Saturday Susan (my wife) and I went up to visit with Steve Osborne of The Reel Image. Steve's friend Terry arrived and we enjoyed a pleasant afternoon of films and film talk. Steve prepared a nice sampler reel (Super-8) which included everything from cartoons (Bugs Bunny,Donald Duck) to adverts to (my personal favorite) the opening sequence from the Bond flick "Die Another Day". After the sampler reel we watched the digest of "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Steve has a very nice screening room in his basement and refreshments were served (delicious popcorn!) After we chatted for awhile about film matters some very nice film deals were struck. I picked up the following: "The Hindenburg" (Mounted on a 600' reel), "The Wild Geese" (1200' reel,super pleased to find this one!) "The Reluctant Astronaut" (200' B & W Sound from Castle Films),"UFO:Cat With Nine Lives" (400' version), "Patton" (400',still sealed with the original price tag!),"Born Free" (400' version) and assorted film supplies (Super-8 & 16mm reels,splicing tapes,etc.) Steve and Terry are two of the nicest folks you'll ever meet so the combination of fun films,great refreshments and good company made for a very enjoyable visit!

(In the Photo: Me,Terry & Steve.)

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Eivind Mork, Mats Abelli and Jose Artiles
Jose Artiles sais Thank You!
Douglas Warren

RE: Nice day of film fun!

#2 by Bill Davis ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:52 am

Sounds like you had a really nice day. I had the pleasure of meeting Steve last year at Columbus. A true gentlemen. Every now and then I visit with him on the phone. A few weeks ago Steve sold me THE WORLD AT WAR a 16mm documentary, made in 1942 by the US government, that I had long been looking for, along with some others.

Bill Davis

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Steve's an incredible guy in this hobby of ours and his contribution to keep Super 8mm film alive and interesting over in the States, is unsurpassed anywhere.

It's great to see him looking so relaxed and well here in this excellent photo Douglas, and so pleased you had a great day here and were made to feel so welcomed by Terry & Steve.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:06 pm | Top

#4 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Thank you for the kind words Andrew and wish you could have been there.It was great fun and the exchange of film talk (and knowledge shared) was truly awesome.

Douglas Warren

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:32 pm

I'd have loved it Douglas, no doubting that!
Like a kid in a sweet shop ( candy shop) ! Haha

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:16 pm

That does sound like a very nice visit Doug! I had a feeling you'd walk away with a few new treasures! And Susan is a dear to support you in this hobby as she does. And speaking of making popcorn, why does mine turn out more 'chewy' than 'crunchy' :-( ???

Timothy Duncan

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:29 pm

A fine time had by all by the looks of the picture Tim, even better when there are film purchases made. Steve certainly does his bit to keep
the interest in the hobby alive, as no doubt does Doug's Susan, as she staggers back to the car laden with film. Wonder what time the Warren's went to bed that night?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:30 pm | Top

#8 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:52 pm

I was early to bed but also early to rise (4 am) to sort through the purchases!

Douglas Warren

#9 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:02 pm

This morning I watched my Techno Films print of UFO:The Cat With Ten Lives. One thing I had forgotten about was that the original theme from the series was absent and they substituted incidental music from James Bond! I got a chuckle out of that for sure and onward with the show.

Douglas Warren
Last edited Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:22 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Cine Shop Photographs

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor