The 100 Club!

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:42 am

We currently stand at 99 members, the forum is in its relative infancy still and only a week or so ago, I hinted that hopefully we may get to three figures by the time Christmas arrives.

At the time, I figured at the rate we were receiving new members, there realistically would be no chance as we were a good way off to be honest.
Anyhow, given the recent influx of new members, we are now seeking just one more new member to make this a reality!

So come on everyone, get recommending what we have here and you never know, maybe we might just make it!

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock

RE: The 100 Club!

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:08 am

Later than any of us would have liked, but on a lighter note now, congratulations to the forum on reaching its first milestone in now officially having 100 members!

May the numbers continue to grow steadily and the forum go from strength to strength.
Thank You to each and every member we have here for your continued contribution and loyal membership with us here.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:29 am | Top

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:48 pm

I think we could see Andrew on TV at Election time with a "Swingometer", the lad is enthusiastic enough.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:40 pm

A little like Hughie Green, back in the day Hugh? Ha ha ha.

Or was that another type of ...ometer? Lol!

Joking aside, for someone like me who truly values our remaining film forums that are still in existence, and views these things as a modern day central hub for collectors everywhere, I think it is really important to keep and grow what we have left.

Left without interesting and frequent varied posts, people will leave or not join these in the first place. Then we are down to one less forum and before you know it, you've lost contact with so many knowledgeable and valuable people from within the hobby.

This was apparent to myself Hugh when you left the other 8mm forum.
It wasn't until Vidar brilliantly created his own forum here, that I was able to contact you again here.

Just one example of many, on how valuable these forums are to our remaining strong contingency of film and film equipment collectors.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:05 pm | Top

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Well done Andrew, you are a stalwart of the hobby, alas on other forums, my views on the World situations, got the better of me,
so I was advised to leave on one, left on the other. So I promised our mate Vidar, I'd be quiet on the political front. Still, Peter Snow
has competition. If only all our members were as enthusiastic as our Andrew.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:28 pm | Top

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:44 pm

I don't mind a little general talk, just keep it non-digital :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:44 pm

As Andrew stated so well, folk can become lost in this hobby, that's why I shall try to allay my "hatred of governments
worldwide that plunge us into useless bloody wars bent on money making franchises". I shall try to bite my lip.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
folk in our counties

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor