Silence of the lambs

#1 by Paul Browning , Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:52 am

This was for sale on the german ebay site from one of the forum members yesterday, but has sold very quickly. It had one or two sound faults from what I could read
of the short description, I wonder who bagged that one. This was on someone's wanted list on here recently, but did they get it ?.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

RE: Silence of the lambs

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:48 pm

A forum member purchased it, as you say Paul, but I have no idea which forum member from film tech?

It certainly wasn't me. I weighed it up within an hour or so of it being listed, and while the price was certainly agreeing with me, the fact that it was recorded in German with a troublesome stripe...didn't.

I doubt any attempt to bring it back to life in its native tongue would have worked with this one.

It really needs one of the pulse sync fans to have purchased it I reckon,then it could be treated in the same manner as all the other cheaper mute prints out there.

I've said before, that even with the gear, it would be a step too far for me to pulse sync to a DVD track "live" as it were.

It's one thing to do all of this once to gain a first class recording for a soundtrack, but not for every screening, not in my book anyhow.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:50 pm | Top

#3 by Tom Photiou , Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Its certainly a title i am after but at any high price it would have to be in English with good print and sound. High prices must be in very good condition.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:56 pm

I think the print was apparently in very good condition, but as so often happens with prints from this "pasted" post laminated era, the sound was present on one track or another for periods. Never, during these problem areas, on both tracks simultaneously.

The fact it was in German, doesn't necessarily mean it was re recorded.
Many prints from Derann were offered in English or German languages.

Either way, for the vast majority of us here, having the language in German, is totally useless to us unless there is a high probability it would be able to be dubbed in English.
On this particular print, given my previous experience at trying to correct these type of prints, I would say there is a very high probability that this would be unlikely with any modicum of complete success.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:29 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Cars In San Francisco

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor