RE: Goko RM-8008 Stereo Editor

#26 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:40 pm

All the editors seem to have the same lamp power Paul. They all use a 6v old motorcycle type bulb.

I suppose if you want the film safe at a stationary frame indefinitely in the manner that editors are used, then I don't suppose they could go much brighter or more to the point hotter.

I don't suppose it is helped by the fact the image is bounced around off 3 different mirrors either before it finally hits the Fresnel screen.

It would be better for sure if they were brighter, but I find it does the job for what I want one of these for.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:43 am | Top

#27 by Paul Browning , Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:11 pm

I GUESS THERE COULD BE A WAY OF INTERLINKING A SWITCH ON THE MAIN FUNCTION SWITCH TO TURN THE POWER UP WHEN RUNNING AND BACK TO LOW WHEN
IN THE STATIONARY POSITION, YOU COULD THEN SCREW A BIT MORE LIGHT OUT OF IT. THOSE NEW CREE LED LAMPS WOULD FIT IN THAT SPACE, AND THERE'S PLENTY OF
DIFFERENT CONFIGS AROUND NOW, VOLTAGE WISE, I DOUBT IT WOULD BE THAT HARD TO DO. WITH 6V ON TAP, YOU WOULD GET A REALLY BRIGHT LED PANEL FOR THAT
ITS JUST THE HEAT GENERATED AND MAGNIFIED BY THE FOCUSING LENS THAT WOULD BE THE PROBLEM.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:07 pm

Yes Paul, I'm guessing you could squeeze more light output from one these now in this era with the advent of ever increasing LED light output.

Andrew Woodcock

#29 by John Guthrie , Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:12 am

The Braun SB2 editor uses a 6v halogen bulb maybe one could be fitted to the Goko.

Does anyone have a pdf of the 8008 instruction manual?

The online manuals claim to have them but are mysteriously out of stock!

Regards
John
Perth Western Australia

John Guthrie  
John Guthrie
Date registered 10.24.2015
home: Perth , Western Australia
ThankYou 15

Last edited 10.24.2015 | Top

#30 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:54 am

John I have the halogen lamp fitted in my Goko RM 8008 as said earlier.
It does make it 20% brighter but does tend to produce a hot spot in the centre of the screen when compared with the image using the standard 6v incandescent bulb.

I have the original manual for my editor which quite frankly, if I hadn't read it when first obtaining the editor, you really wouldn't know how carry out all of the recording functions by second guessing with one of these.

Depending on task, the level knobs have to be placed in different positions to gain optimum recording levels etc etc.

I can only photograph each page with an ordinary digital camera because I have no scanner, but I will do this in the manual section here if you could use it?

Finally may I add your full name as your user name to comply with forum policy please?

Ps...you have some fabulous gear there by the sounds of things so I very much look forward to hearing about and seeing all of your Super 8mm on here in the near future.

I myself love the Beaulieu 708 and have a admiration for the Visacoustic 2000 without having ever owned one, so I look forward to discussing the various merits of that one also with you.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:24 am | Top

#31 by John Guthrie , Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:02 am

Hi Andrew

Of course you can add my full name (John Guthrie)

Anything that you have about the RM-8008 would be really useful

Here is my movie equipment list (there is probably some more stashed away that I have forgotten!)

Cameras Super 8:
Leicina special with Optivaron & Macro Cinegon lenses, leather compartment case, ST1 control unit, R to M adapter
Braun Nizo 6080 complete kit in Aluminium case plus leather carrying case
Bauer S715XL plus leather case
Agfa Microflex 300 sensor x2

Projectors Super 8:
Beaulieu 708EL
Braun Visacustic 2000 + control unit + speakers
Eumig 820 Sonomatic

Silma 240S Standard/Regular 8 Sound

Editors:
Braun SB2
Bolex V180 Duo
Goko RM-8008

Splicers:
Agfa F8s
Braun FK4
Braun FK1
Hahnel Kollmatic SD8 (same as Braun FK1) x2

Misc:
Weberling striper
Hama Titel great "Compact" 3820 x2
Rowi titler 1150
Rowi Running title device for Titler 1150
Rowi Rotating plate for Titler 1150
Rowi Square drum for Titler 1150
Rowi Rotating drum for Titler 1150
Rowi Folding title unit for Titler 1150
Ewa S8 Compendium x2
Porst film sorter

16mm
Krasnogorsk K3 kit
Bolex 421 projector
Bell Howell 1690 projector
Eiki Nt1 ? projector
16mm editor
16mm rewind arms

There is also a Sankyo Super8 that was given to me.

Wants list:
Bolex H16EL outfit (Used to have one but regrettably sold it years ago when I need some money)
Beaulieu 7008 or 9008
Bauer T610 projector
Bauer Editor F20 or F50

I try to make up a complete set ie. Camera projector editor etc. Unfortunately most of the wants list is very rare in Australia and if available way too expensive (now that I am a pensioner)

Regards
John

John Guthrie  
John Guthrie
ThankYou 15

Last edited 10.25.2015 | Top

#32 by John Guthrie , Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:01 am

Latest update to the equipment list:
Another Agfa F8s splicer
Bell & Howell Filmosonic DCT
Bolex Multimatic

Anamorphic lenses
Kowa 2x Anamorpic for Bell & Howell
Proskar Anamorphic 16
Proskar Anamorphic 16B (much heavier than the 16)

Regards
John

Greg Perry likes this
John Guthrie  
John Guthrie
ThankYou 15

#33 by Thomas Peters , Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:43 pm

The B&H DCT has been a projector that I've drooled over for a long time. I was never willing to pay the price when it was for sale, which is not very often. I know it was made by Sankyo. The 800 foot capacity and 150 watt EFR lamp is very desirable. I believe it is almost the same as the Sankyo 800, another machine that has interested me.

Already having an Elmo ST-1200HD is what has always prevented me from getting one. It would make a great backup, but I filled that gap with several excellent Yamawa-made machines, albeit at 600' and 100 watts.

Thomas Peters  
Thomas Peters
Date registered 08.30.2022
ThankYou 9

#34 by Greg Perry , Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:47 pm

John,

You have a very interesting and quality assortment of film and projection equipment. I am wondering if you have scanned any of the manuals etc. for the Editors and/or Splicers?
Over at my friend Eivind Mork's free website, www.super8database.com, we have over 1590 Super 8 projectors and over 8400 Super 8 films listed. At some point we may add other devices such as film editors, splicers etc. It would be great if you had any PDF's of user manuals etc. for your Super 8 editors/film splicers that we could add to the database at some point in the future.

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#35 by Tom Photiou , Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:59 pm

Thomas, another machine which is like the Sankyo 800 is the OMS880ST which i bought in the second half of last year.
This thread may or may not interest you,

Bill Parsons, A Huge Thank you. The Sankyo OMS880 STEREO

Thomas Peters likes this
Thomas Peters sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 03.05.2023 | Top

#36 by Thomas Peters , Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:44 am

Quote: Tom Photiou wrote in post #35
Thomas, another machine which is like the Sankyo 800 is the OMS880ST which i bought in the second half of last year.
This thread may or may not interest you,

Bill Parsons, A Huge Thank you. The Sankyo OMS880 STEREO

Thanks.

I don't recall ever seeing that projector for sale anywhere. I might have read about it on one of the Super 8 database sites before, but I had forgotten about it.

It would be great to have one, but in addition to it being pretty much unobtanium, I have too many projectors already, lol. I'm pretty much set in case my Elmo ST-1200HD one day becomes unusable, but I am kicking myself for buying so many 100 watt ones instead of waiting for something like a 150 watt Sankyo.

I'm a little puzzled why more projectors didn't take the 150 watt EFR lamp, particularly the lower than 1200 sound Elmos. I have silent Elmos that take the 21 volt 150 watt EJM lamp, though. I'm surprised that the GS-800 only took a 100 watt EFP. That's a full 100 watts less than the GS-1200.

For what I collect on film, I really don't need stereo or optical sound. For me, a top-notch lens and bright lamp is what I'm most interested in. If I do ever decide to get yet another projector, it would probably be something like a standard Sankyo 800 or its B&H equivalent. I doubt I'd get another Elmo ST-1200, since frankly they can be a bit of a headache, although my latest one has proven to be an easy ride since I was lucky enough to get one in tip-top shape, as opposed to the first one I got. I've had this one for something like 15 years now -- time flies.

Large reel capacity doesn't float my boat the way it used to, since when I watch it is just me, and more often than not if I watch a feature, I wind up splitting it up into viewing on consecutive nights, sometimes more than 2! While I have many features on 800 and 1200 foot reels, I have just as many on 400 foot reels. And the majority of my collection are short films and digests.

Thomas Peters  
Thomas Peters
Date registered 08.30.2022
ThankYou 9

Last edited 03.09.2023 | Top

Eumig 800 series lamp upgrade
Syncing soundtracks on Super 8

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor