the haunting 1963

#1 by Clyde Miles , Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:43 am

just watched my scope print of this with my eldest son, he was well impressed, so was i as a teenager back in the very early seventies, i nearly .... my pants, so very effective being filmed in black and white.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

RE: the haunting 1963

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:13 am

That is one scary film Clyde, skilful film making and build up of atmosphere, I like the creepy bit where one of the girls complains of her
friend holding her hand too tightly, only to discover her friend is in her bed the other side of the room! That pounding getting louder
certainly made one sit up. It was done to good effect in "Legend of Hell House", another haunted house film where nothing is really seen,
I got a lovely print of that from the late Harry Nadler. Horror films of late to me don't have the same atmosphere, just shock moments
or entrails and gore. That's why I prefer the Fulci zombie gut crunchers to Romero's, with Fulci, his undead are literally from hell, ghosts,
supernatural beings, that gives his films an edge.

Clyde Miles likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:03 am

The Haunting and The Innocents, are amongst my favourite films, it's what you don't see, and what your mind see's, that make these sort of films work, better than in your face horror.

Clyde Miles likes this
Steve Carter

#4 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:36 pm

Another film I enjoy that is not available on any format excepting the burn by order Fox titles is 'The Staircase' Rex Harrison & Richard Burton also Stephen Lewis is in there. It's a bitter sweet story of two gay hairdressers, it's hilarious one liners, it's also very sad at times dealing with dementia. Burton's character has alapicia, he wraps his head in bandages, one scene in the launderette an Indian with a turban passes a coment to Burton, 'It's Lovely Over Here, Isn't It?'. Harrison's character repeats himself with his sayings and is being pursued by the law for indecency throughout the film, every letter that comes through the letter box sends him over the edge. I read that Burton was pis--d throughout the filming of this and has no memory of it.

Steve Carter

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Standard 8 vs Super 8

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor