Plastic Tip

#1 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:35 pm

With my Eumig broken plastic woes, something came into my head that might be of help to others, have you ever had a plastic piece crack or break and when you have set out to glue it back together there is a gap where a piece has broken badly. Well this tip came to me from an old guitar tech, it's a plastic fix they use when the plastic nut is cut too deep with wear of the strings or it was just cut too deep, glue the plastic back together and allow to dry, then fill the gap with baking soda, then drip some thin super glue into the soda allow to dry, repack with more soda if necessary. But what you should then do is keep dripping a bit more super into the repair and allow to harden, when finished you can sand etc,.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Steve Carter
Last edited Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:36 pm | Top

RE: Plastic Tip

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:36 pm

Or just get Edwin to make us all new ones!

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Very good Steve.

Robert Crewdson

#4 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:32 am

Another possibility Steve is too use epoxy putty.It dries rock hard and you can sand or carve it once dry.

Douglas Warren

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:50 am

Good stuff is Epoxy Putty, very versatile indeed!

Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:28 pm

True, but if Edwin can't make 'em, and he has no putty, he had to make do with what he had, it really speaks volumes for the poor
design of these later machines, their early stuff will far outlive these later ones.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Warren Clarke.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor