A warm welcome to yet another passionate collector!

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:38 pm

I'd just like to give a big warm friendly welcome from each and every one of us to Jean Christophe (I hope I've even spelt that correctly ha ha!) who joins us here.
Again, another top man is joining us all here and the forum will only ever go from strength to strength while ever we continue to attract people of this calibre on here!
We will soon be the envy of many if we continue in the manner we have in these past few days.

i think we also have Vidar to thank here in his recent policy changes. we all know there are many in the hobby who do not wish to contribute much in the way of conversation and sharing their experiences here with fellow enthusiasts, but however, are looking to pounce on every film deal being offered!

By keeping the film sales generally behind closed doors as Vidar has so very wisely chosen to do, we encourage people to be part of our society here and hopefully contribute to all it has to offer for the benefit of others!

Very well done Vidar!

Ps I am also hoping that due to Vidar's excellent forum policy changes this now encourages Ole back with us. He has nothing to fear on here and I do not like to see us lose even one valuable member here.

I also see that today, must surely be the day when we have received the highest ever number of guests!
We must be doing something that generates plenty of interest.
Why not join and tell us all what you like reading on here and hopefully contribute to the enthusiasm on here alongside our existing members for the MAGIC that is REEL FILM!

Casual screenshots to follow in the next hour or so btw as promised to Steve.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:21 am | Top

RE: A warm welcome to yet another passionate collector!

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:08 am

Well said Andrew, you missed your vocation, a job as diplomat would have been a cake walk for you, welcome Christophe to the "House
of Mirth", if anything, it is fun and hope you'll enjoy the company.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:18 am

Welcome also to John Armer and anyone one else I missed, hope you all enjoy yourselves in a fast growing group and happy postings.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:32 am

I would just ask that on the question of whether we should have an open or locked Forum, we don't press anyone for an explanation of their comment, as we have lost 2 members over this. Perhaps someone could invite Ole back; I forget the name of the other member who left, but it happened on the previous occasion this question was raised. I haven't had a chance yet to read all the posts, so didn't know about the policy change. The forum is doing extremely well with very knowledgeable people here; I think before long we will be the envy of some of the other forums (8mm Film Tech not included).

Robert Crewdson

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:48 am

I was not aware of others leaving. Ole is the only one requested his account be deleted. I did it with sadness in my heart. He would be most welcome back, but it shouldn't be forced so if he come back, would be his own choice

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:14 pm

It is sad that anyone should feel the need to leave this or indeed any other communal forum.

If a comment doesn't instantly make sense to someone like me, questions of course will always be asked just so the reasons can be understood but of course ultimately Robert is correct, no one should feel pressured to give an answer they feel they don't want to give.

Just tell me or whoever to mind my own business ha ha.
I do hope Ole reconsiders his departure. As said last evening on here...he nor anyone else, has completely nothing to be wary of here.

We are all just film loving creatures who believe that whatever gems an individual maybe preserving and enjoying...then good on them for doing so and good luck to them for having them in the first place!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:27 pm | Top

#7 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Pity that he didn't say at the time what his reason was, most of us have said why we think it's either a good or bad idea.

Robert Crewdson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Hilariously Bad Box Top Art

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor