Mixed Bag of Reels Watched.

#1 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Last night I watched an episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show (1975 vintage),a short documentary by the Canadian comedy team of Wayne and Schuster on the Marx Brothers,and some trailers: Batman Forever (brilliant color on this one), A Bridge Too Far ( a one minute and two 30 second trailers) and a one minute promotional reel for the 1960's TV western "The Big Valley." Sorry about no screenshots,will work on getting some posted in future threads.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Douglas Warren

RE: Mixed Bag of Reels Watched.

#2 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm surprised that a trailer for a more contemporary film like "Batman Forever" was available on 16mm. But then again, there's a lot available on film that I don't know about. I'm really looking forward to your future screenshots Doug.

Timothy Duncan

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:13 pm

The promo for 'The Big Valley' sounds interesting Douglas; we used to watch that in the UK in the 60s. You never know what's going to turn up Tim. Did anyone else here buy that rare 50ft short from Perrys: 'Christmas Greetings of 1938'; had top American and British stars wishing cinema audiences a Merry Christmas. This film is highly sought after by fans of Will Hay, who makes a brief appearance.

Robert Crewdson

#4 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Tim,
I too was surprised to come across the "Batman Forever" trailer,but was happy to find it.The trailer runs for two and a half minutes and has excellent color and sound.I hope I can find more like it out there.
Robert:
The Big Valley promo runs for a bit over a minute.The interesting thing is that when it ends another brief one (about 10-15 seconds) runs as after the first one fades out.I also thought that the small yellow reel it came on with ABC tv network printed on it was rather cool.

Douglas Warren

#5 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:49 pm

That sounds like a treasure Douglas.

Robert Crewdson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Life of Brian

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor