RE: What are your most recent film purchases?

#26 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Simply stunning and fantastic Paul. Well done Sir !!

Andrew Woodcock

#27 by Paul Browning , Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Thanks to your intervention Andrew I can post here, and of course Vidar for sorting out the back ground stuff, thank you. There will be more surprise's to come in coming month's, and believe me, I hope to help keep the new production of super 8 films well into the future.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:48 pm

We are instantly becoming the forum to follow with Paul's simply stunning screenshots heading the way here!

This is just simply Super 8mm heaven with Paul's first screen shots here on our new forum. What a start Paul! How do you surpass this?

Andrew Woodcock

#29 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:45 am

Stunning print that Star Wars. Drool. Can one ask if you needed to mortgage your house?

On the Body Snatchers I do like the old one, but Sutherlands was more creepy for me and Sutherlands performance is awedome

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#30 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:32 am

Fantastic images Paul.

Robert Crewdson

#31 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:58 am

I may have said it already but I simply cannot express my delight enough for having people like Paul and Hugh on here.

Paul is someone I know who will completely fill our forum with innovation and promotion of our wonderful hobby. He also has some brilliant ideas of how to get the very most from our machines looking forward into the 20 or so years .

If this becomes the first point of contact for him, we will certainly be the place to watch for all film lovers out there!

It is to our gain and everyone else's loss that Hugh posts only here. He is clearly a man with strong political beliefs who insists in giving ordinary working people the very same respect as anyone else.
This may well have been to his detriment in the past on forums, but here I feel those are exactly the qualities we are seeking in people to keep our forum the least exclusive, elitist and respectful for all of our members.
It is to our gain and everyone else's loss that we have people such as Hugh on here in my opinion.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:59 am | Top

#32 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:09 pm

I second that, Hugh is to me an exceptional person. Mr. Browning I do not know too well, but hope to get to know him better.

I feel closer to most people here now, though some we have yet to get to know. Hope we get to see some posts from the lurkers too. Hope no one feel embarrased to post, no question is stupid and we all started from zero knowledge. We all learn by experience and talking to others. So post film related things, ask questions. Myself asked lots of "stupid" questions and probably still do

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#33 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:25 pm

I couldn't agree more Vidar!!

Back to topic,

Barry's 400ft version of Psycho has just fell through my letterbox so I will be viewing that at some point today.
I do hope it's a good cut down as its one I have never seen before.
I'd love the full feature but rarely seen and if I did ever manage to get hold of one I'd need yet another projector just for Standard 8mm Sound films once again.

Now that really would take me back!lol

Andrew Woodcock

#34 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:35 pm

I think Psycho is working very well. The whole shower scene is there

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#35 by Paul Browning , Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks Andrew for your kind words, and Vidar on this forum you will get to know me for all things projectors and mainly super8. I will always try to help someone with a problem
and if I can make it happen I will. Hugh is great character and missed from the other forums I'm sure with his, matter of fact no bull *** manner, I like a guy who says what he means, and is incredible knowledge he imparts. As for Andrew, he's an all round good guy, and I have time for him, he's passionate about the hobby and make's his point well.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#36 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Looking forward to reading your posts and get to know your interests, film tastes and all those things :-) Very happy to get new friends

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#37 by Paul Browning , Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Andrew, the psycho 400 footer from universal 8, is great, shower scene is there and the print quality form universal tended to be very good, I bought this new some years ago
but sold it, I now have it again and the 100 footer with Hitchcock introducing various scene's in the film, just love these two. Skill fully filmed by Hitchcock who made the house scale
bigger to make him look smaller, next time you watch it, look at the front door and compare his size to the door, you will see what I mean. He was a master film maker and this is still a masterpiece of film making. ENJOY.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#38 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Paul is a very good and knowledgeable man, when the chips were down with my DCT lens he came to the rescue just when I thought no one could help Paul mailed me and told me he can sort it, he made a ceramic sleve and I now have a Schneider lens in the old DCT and the picture has never looked so good.

Paul Browning sais Thank You!
Steve Carter

#39 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:41 am

This kind of help that Paul provided here, if you don't mind me saying Steve, is exceptional. Well beyond what most would inconvenience themselves for.
This is a token of the type of guy we have here with Paul.

I followed the post with great interest, wished I had the engineering equipment I once had to hand with ease but sadly don't any longer despite my companies multi conglomerate status and was in total admiration for Paul's intervention here.

To have a Schneider f1.1 or f1.2 lens fitted to your DCT Steve, is as good it comes.
We are truly in very good company here!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:50 am | Top

#40 by Jose Artiles , Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Today is a special day for me , after searching many years now I've finally managed to acquire a film print of ALIEN !!! Full length on 16mm and with a spanish soundtrack . Now all I have to do is wait a few days to get to my mailbox. I´m shiver of excitement and happiness and wanted to share with you dear friends, long live the motion picture films....only on film,the best and only way amovie must be seen!!!!!

Jose Artiles
Date registered 08.16.2015
ThankYou 16

#41 by Jose Artiles , Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Today is a special day for me , after searching many years now I've finally managed to acquire a film print of ALIEN !!! Full length on 16mm and with a spanish soundtrack . Now all I have to do is wait a few days to get to my mailbox. I´m shiver of excitement and happiness and wanted to share with you dear friends, long live the motion picture films....only on film,the best and only way amovie must be seen!!!!!

The following members like this: David Ollerearnshaw and Vidar Olavesen

Jose Artiles
ThankYou 16

#42 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:23 pm

That's a terrific find Jose and is right up there with Paul's brilliant catch of Star Wars recently!

Send us all some screenshots once it arrives Jose please.

Andrew Woodcock

#43 by Jose Artiles , Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:52 pm

You can be sure of that Andrew, the "alien" print is flat because 20 century fox never release the scope version on 16mm for the non theatrical spanish market but at least the print have good colour and sound and its a official 20 century fox release from the 35mm negatives.However the seller put some photos,here are the photos

Jose Artiles
ThankYou 16

Last edited 09.17.2015 | Top

#44 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:16 am

Superb Jose! Your screenshots ought to blow us away once you've had chance to post them.

Andrew Woodcock

#45 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:26 am

Congrats Jose; the pics look very good. Looking forward to seeing your screenshots. The only way to watch a movie.

Robert Crewdson

#46 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:49 pm

I won this only 2 days ago (the pic below was the one from the eBay listing). It's an extract from Walt Disney's "The Fox and the Hound" (1981), titled "A Test of Courage" 200'/color/sound. I've never seen the feature, so this ought to be an interesting purchase.

Mats Abelli likes this
Timothy Duncan

#47 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Congratulations Paul and Jose on "nailing" your prints, very well done, poor Vidar has been waiting for ages for a print of "Alien",
but like everything in this world, everything comes to him that waits, Also, I am truly humbled by comments from you all, don't know
why folk even acknowledge me, all I seemed to do was argue on other forums, but those pictures are lovely. I have some to upload, download, whatever, I'll have another try, failing that I'll ask Vidar to guide me, my skills are not techno, and thank you all again.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#48 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:52 pm

can't wait to them all Hugh!

Andrew Woodcock

#49 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:59 pm

I know not everyone is a big Disney fan from those who collect films, but anyone who knows me also knows I am huge fan of quality animation...especially the highly skilled and dedicated hand drawn ones.

I have also a superb print of the FL feature of the "Fox & The Hound" and it's a print I truly love. Great great quality print on this one in superb condition and IMHO one of the most underrated of the Disney favourites.

I will put some screen shots on here when things get somewhat back to normal here.

Andrew Woodcock

#50 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:22 pm

From yesterdays meeting in the Norwegian film club I picked up some bargains and some "normal" priced films. The Rose, Lawrence of Arabia 400's were about 10 GBP each (normal price isn't it?). Picked up some .50 GBP 200's too

Sorry for the upside down of the Liverpool film :-)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

Nostalgia 😁👍
Another funny, Mickey Mouse, Runaway brain

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor