Bentleyfilms.

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:47 pm

Did any of our older member have any dealings with a company trading as Bentleyfilms, ran from Yorkshire by a D.M. Bentley; when I got to know him in the late 60s he had gone from films, into selling books. I wondered who he was an agent for, and if he issued anything under his own label?

Robert Crewdson

RE: Bentleyfilms.

#2 by Ian Partridge , Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:15 pm

There was a deceased Yorkshire film library owner whos' relatives recently cleared the remaining reels and taken them up to Inverness?

Ian

Ian Partridge
Date registered 08.18.2015
home: Colchester, Essex. United Kingdom
ThankYou 16

#3 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:27 pm

I dealt with Bentleyfilms Robert. In fact I still have a couple of their catalogues in my archive.
I don't recall them releasing anything under their own name. However I may be wrong.

David Hardy

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:29 pm

There is a brief mention of him on Grahame Newnham's 9.5mm site. I had a few books from Bentley and they have his Bentleyfilms sticker inside.

Robert Crewdson

#5 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Whose brands of home movies was he selling David?

Robert Crewdson

#6 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:44 am

Hello Rob. Bentleyfilms sold a large selection of films from Walton Films / Rank Movie Paks / A.A.P / UA8 / Ken Films
/ Columbia / Walt Disney /Castle Films / Republic / Heritage Films .

David Hardy

#7 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:52 am

I still have the Bentleyfims Catalogues from 1967/8 & 1970. They sold 8mm / Super 8mm / 9.5mm / 16mm sound and silent editions
Black & White and Colour. Each title listed had a synopsis of the film and the editions they were available in from 50 feet up. Also some
cover illustrations of certain titles. It was in a way a catalogue within a catalogue. Sigh !!! Those were the days !

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Members Film Reviews. All gauges.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor