Home Movie Footage

#1 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:47 pm

What got me back into the hobby (been away since 1990) was getting back my late Father's 8 mm movies.Most of the footage was shot in the 1950's and 1960's. Running those old reels and handling movie film again fired my collecting side.Since most of my family has passed on now,it's nice to have their images on film.How many members have home movie footage from their youth?

Douglas Warren

RE: Home Movie Footage

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Sadly, not a lot of money as a kid. Had 5 or 6 on a 400' reel, but think my ex-wife threw it along with a bunch of MC's

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:57 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Vidar,very sad.My Father's old home movies had been in a storage unit (in another state,nearly 1,200 miles away) since 2008 but in November of last year (2014) I was able to retrieve them.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Douglas Warren

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:32 pm

My father told me that when I was born he wanted to buy a movie camera, so that he could film me and my sister growing up; it would have been nice to have footage of my grandmother who I just remember. Sadly, he said, a projector cost the same as a TV set, and once you have seen films one night, you need something for the next night, so he bought the TV set. I was 19 when I got my first cine camera, I am into my 63rd year now, so at least I do have some footage of my late teen years. I also shot footage of my late father talking about collecting Victorian books; so now I can not only see him but hear him as well

Robert Crewdson

#5 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:23 am

I have a lot of home movie footage of my late Mother and Father and other relatives who have sadly now all passed away i also have some of my Father's holiday films he shot on Super 8mm on my camera I lent him.

David Hardy
Last edited Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:23 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Steel Valley Film Services.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor