Getting Screen Shots Question

#1 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Here's something I have yet to figure out...how to get perfect screen shots like Vidar does. Mine turn out blurry and most are so bad that they are useless. I've tried two high end cameras. I've tried taking them in total darkness, and with a lamp on in the room. I usually wait until there is not much action on the screen before I even attempt it as well. I snap as many as I can in hopes of getting a few decent ones. But is there a secret that I don't know?

Timothy Duncan

RE: Getting Screen Shots Question

#2 by Mats Abelli , Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi!
For best results use a tripod and don´t use the flash. And zoom in to the exact picture size, otherwise the camera don´t know how to expose. You don´t need an expensive camera. My cameras are 5-8 years old and take decent pics.

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:00 pm

The absolutely best results I can get (I know mine is blurry sometimes too, but it's due to my camera) ... I have a Nikon D3200 and I do not photograph it at all. I use the film mode. So if you have a decent camera (cell phone or whatever), do a film of it. You can then use VLC (a free video player) and watch your film there. You can step by step it to a decent photo and then take a snapshot of it. I then crop the extra black out of them with the Paint program from Windows.

But a video file is easier than taking a photo, IMO. Especially cartoons, they usually have one sharp picture, the next blurry or overlapped, then the next sharp again. You need to hit just between the bad pictures and that's not easy with photo. Video by stepping to a frame you think look good and then snapshot it. I do not use VLC myself for this, but it works in it. I use Power Director, which is my editing program for my personal recordings

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:00 pm

The absolutely best results I can get (I know mine is blurry sometimes too, but it's due to my camera) ... I have a Nikon D3200 and I do not photograph it at all. I use the film mode. So if you have a decent camera (cell phone or whatever), do a film of it. You can then use VLC (a free video player) and watch your film there. You can step by step it to a decent photo and then take a snapshot of it. I then crop the extra black out of them with the Paint program from Windows.

But a video file is easier than taking a photo, IMO. Especially cartoons, they usually have one sharp picture, the next blurry or overlapped, then the next sharp again. You need to hit just between the bad pictures and that's not easy with photo. Video by stepping to a frame you think look good and then snapshot it. I do not use VLC myself for this, but it works in it. I use Power Director, which is my editing program for my personal recordings

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
16mm Open Air Cinema

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor