RE: Introduce yourself, if you want

#101 by Tomek Lecocq , Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:56 am

Hello,

My name is Tomek, I'm 26 and I live in France, near Paris.

Owning my own cinema projector is kind of a childhood dream for me, as the way it works has always fascinated me.

I bought a digital projector to watch Blu-Rays a few years ago and while doing some research on the internet I saw that cinemas in France were throwing out their 35mm equipment with the switchover to digital. Before that, owning a "true" cinema projector seemed like something that is not really possible.

Since then I've been looking every few months if i could find a good deal, and a few weeks ago I've found this projector which is now at a friend's place waiting to be running film again.

I have the lamphouse as well, it's just not mounted on the projector right now. (and I need a way to power on the Xenon lamp).
I need to redo some of the wiring before I can use the projector, as the technicians that removed it from the cinema where it was running cut a lot of wires and made a lot of custom modifications for automatic operation.

Here some pictures of my Kinoton projector:

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Mats Abelli, Eivind Mork, Greg Perry and Martin Dew
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Tomek Lecocq  
Tomek Lecocq
Date registered 02.20.2019
ThankYou 3

#102 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:20 am

The FP-30 Ida good machine. I have a FP-23 portable myself. Did get three of the 30’s, but had no room, so they went to Finland and is being used there now. Feel free to join on Facebook, if you have an account

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123457744477972/

And started a Market Place for Reel stuff too, will be some 35mm eventually
https://www.facebook.com/groups/282004075802014/

Welcome to the Magic of cine

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Greg Perry and Tomek Lecocq

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#103 by Tomek Lecocq , Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:14 am

I was already in the first group, I’ve subscribed to the second one.
I have a few trailers in 35mm I can project, I’ll worry about full films when the projector will be working again.

Mats Abelli likes this
Tomek Lecocq  
Tomek Lecocq
Date registered 02.20.2019
ThankYou 3

#104 by Mats Abelli , Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Good luck Tomek. A friend helped me to get my old Bauer B11, in working order. It took over a good weeks work, but now it´s up and running. I have a lot of trailers and about 50 features on 35mm. I also collect 8mm, Super 8 and 16mm. I love the magic in real films.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Greg Perry and Tomek Lecocq

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#105 by Eivind Mork , Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Welcome to the forum, Tomek!

I wish I had the room for a 35mm projector, but that is not an option for me. Sounds like you are getting a nice setup!

Tomek Lecocq likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

guess I should say hi

#106 by Erik Schoolcraft , Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:17 am

My name is Erik Schoolcraft. I've been interested in film since I first saw Empire Strikes Back when I was 8. I'm old. Years later I got into the film trade when my grandfather gave me an old Revere 8mm projector to fix and the family films. Since then I disregarded the hobby in my teen years but got back in in my 20's. Since then I have found an interest in older films and collected projectors and films everywhere I can pick something up first at flea markets then when the internet came around I found a whole new market. Been a collector and trader ever since and have had the privilage of seeing and showing films that the digital market has no idea about. Now my grown daughter and I are avid collectors and presenters of very fine films and are very happy to be in this hobby.

The following members like this: Tim Duncan, Tom Photiou, Vidar Olavesen, Eivind Mork and Greg Perry
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Erik Schoolcraft  
Erik Schoolcraft
Date registered 08.16.2018
ThankYou 18

RE: guess I should say hi

#107 by Tim Duncan , Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:29 am

Hi Erik!

The internet has indeed made this hobby much more accessible to myself! I’ve never had any luck with flea markets, and not much better luck at antique shops.

Eivind Mork likes this

Tim Duncan
Date registered 05.21.2018
ThankYou 39

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New user: Hello!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor