New user: Hello!

#1 by Andrew Paul , Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi, I couldn't find an introductions thread, so i thought I'd start my own.

I'm Andrew, I'm 44 years old and I live in Lancashire, England. I'm pretty much a beginner with film, although I was the subject of many of my mother's home movies as a child :) .

My current interest comes from my regular movie night, where a few friends come over for a beer and a few films. We like the ridiculous, weird and downright terrible, anything a little offbeat and away from mainstream Hollywood. Until recently, these were all in some digital format or other, but I've now added a super 8 projector to our mix so we can start the evening with some cartoons or a couple of short movie digests. So far it's been great fun!

I have a terrible tendency to hoard things, but I've decided against becoming too much of a film collector. My intention is buy a film, watch it, then sell it on, preferably without making too much of a loss, - or just to swap with other people.

I'm looking forward to joining the discussions here and hope I can learn a few things too.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Tim Duncan, Tom Photiou and Robert Crewdson
Andrew Paul  
Andrew Paul
Date registered 06.08.2018

RE: New user: Hello!

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Thanks for your intro, you are close to film convention in the end of the year then? In Blackpool, you should try that, great convention. Wish my health was better, would love to go

Hope you get the bug properly ;-) I am selling off shortly, much of the digital collection, want films mainly now

The following members like this: Tim Duncan and Robert Crewdson

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:42 pm

BTW, the link to the introduce yourself is in the Forum rules .., Read first

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#4 by Andrew Paul , Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanks. I'm in Preston, so not far from Blackpool at all. It certainly sounds like something to look forward to.

The following members like this: Tim Duncan and Vidar Olavesen
Andrew Paul  
Andrew Paul
Date registered 06.08.2018

#5 by Tim Duncan , Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi Andrew, and welcome to the forum. We are all pretty obsessed with film here! ;-) I'm not sure how willing some collectors are to trade off their acquisitions, but you never know! I can only speak for myself. Once I've acquired a sought after title, it's hard to let it go! :-)

Robert Crewdson likes this

Tim Duncan
Date registered 05.21.2018
ThankYou 39

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:48 pm

I got duplicates, boxloads ... Hope to get it sorted when I gotten rid of some magazines, DVDs and games

Things go slow here, not too much energy

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

Last edited 06.09.2018 | Top

#7 by Tim Duncan , Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Duplicates in film, you mean Vidar?! You're making me curious! :-)

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Robert Crewdson

Tim Duncan
Date registered 05.21.2018
ThankYou 39

#8 by Eivind Mork , Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Welcome to the forum! It is very nice to see a new face. Super 8 is really something else than watching something digital. It is hard to let go once you've tried it :-) Looking forward to see what you and your friends end up watching.

Several of my films in my collections are duplicates bought from Vidar. Got me a nice start when I was new. Among them are my favorite digest: Pinch Cliff Grand Prix!

Robert Crewdson likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Introduce yourself, if you want

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor