Ultra 8’s The Little Whirlwind new audio options

#1 by Ruben Torrejon , Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:46 pm

We’ve been finally able to secure the following audio options for our short “The Little Whirlwind”: English, French, Italian, Castilian Spanish, Portuguese and Deutsch. If you already placed your order please send us a message only if you want an alternate audio option instead of the default ENGLISH.

Regards
www.ultra8.com

Attached pictures:
THE LITTLE WHIRLWIND ON SUPER 8.jpeg  

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Gwyn Morgan and Rob Aragon
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Ruben Torrejon
Date registered 01.23.2024
ThankYou 11

RE: Ultra 8’s The Little Whirlwind new audio options

#2 by Tom Photiou , Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:31 pm

Ruben, thank you for putting these up on here as well, not too sure why only a few people seem to want to comment, we can see how many people are members on here but they seem to want to sit in the background. I hope your sales do well and at present time, I will keep looking until a title takes my fancy comes up. Your box arts look very good and the images of the screenshots of the film source look immaculate.

Ruben Torrejon sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#3 by Ruben Torrejon , Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:51 pm

Thank you for your nice words, Tom. I believe most collectors are cautious until they see what quality they can expect from Ultra 8. You know all the hard work involved on this, The Little Whirlwind will be the first print ready and I’m sure it won’t dissapoint and many will jump then on some titles. Regarding the choices, demand is so low that only a few options (namely Disney cartoons, Bond 007 and a very few popular titles (widely seen many times everywhere -DVD, BD, streaming) seem viable. We have a few beautiful options in store but, again, risk is very high… we would like to be able to offer some surprise titles but first we must be sure demand is enough. For example we have all elements for a wonderful release: a feature originally shot on 70mm and released on Super 8 ages ago in abridged form only (all prints are faded now), pan and scan and mono. We got a beautiful 35mm reduction print in Scope, we have been able to find the original Stereo mix and we got a variety of dubs too but risk is too high as it is a 2 hours feature (4x180m.) in Cineavision and Stereo. If we ever decide to go ahead we will loose a lot of money for sure…

Regards

Ruben
Ultra 8

Ruben Torrejon
ThankYou 11

#4 by Ruben Torrejon , Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:26 pm

Take note that the correct web address is: http://www.ultra8.es/

Tom Photiou likes this

Ruben Torrejon
ThankYou 11

#5 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:48 pm

Thanks Ruben, I do fully understand about the risks, it is a difficult hobby to sell into due to the costs of real film while the digital equipment and quality is so good these days and also so cheap in comparison, however, as you have seen, there is still a small market for new films, obviously the titles are everything but equally, if only 20 or less of any titles are sold it becomes difficult to sustain it.
I'm guessing with a UK company recently announcing on here they are dissolved, but now just weeks later they are back up and running with yet another new release my guess is, there is defiantly a reasonable market for real film and I wish you, (and all others who release new films) the best of luck. I do try and support new film and have all four xmas trailer reels and the first big one, Jurassic Park so I for one will be keeping an eye on your upcoming titles.
The way you have explained everything about your company, the processes and the most important, the sources to make the prints is outstanding. I hope your sales do well.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#6 by Ruben Torrejon , Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:07 pm

Thank you for your nice comments, Tom!

We think there’s still a small niche for Super 8 film collecting. Our goal is to release titles we love and, among them, those with prime source materials, and that include dubs in foreign languages. Actually one of our dream future titles is the IMAX film “Across the sea of time” (51 minutes) but although we have very good master source the title is on hold because we’ve been unable to locate any foreign language tracks (except for the original Dolby SR english one). This movie is not a cartoon but a narrative feature instead so unless we get at least 3 or 4 dubs we won’t release it.
Regarding our choices, we try to be somewhat different, so no problem arises with other editors. Competition is more than welcome here.

Best Regards
Ruben
Ultra 8

The following members like this: Rob Aragon and Tom Photiou

Ruben Torrejon
ThankYou 11

#7 by Eivind Mork , Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:36 pm

This is a title I very much would like to have! It is quite a bit of money, so I need to think about it, although I know the cost of producing films are very high and the price very fair. A labor of love for the media, for sure!

Thanks for making new releases! It is great to see!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#8 by Ruben Torrejon , Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:17 pm

Thank you Eivind for your kind words.

Regards,

Ruben
Ultra 8

Ruben Torrejon
ThankYou 11

#9 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:10 pm

Ruben,As said thanks for posting the various threads for the new films.Certainly taking a gamble to release new films,one can only wish you all the best,hope you get the sales.I see you offer different languages so this should certainly help your sales.
I suspect like everything new there is going to be hesitation over buying,especially as new prints don’t come cheap hopefully word of mouth will help sales once the films are available.

Eivind Mork likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#10 by Ruben Torrejon , Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:17 pm

Thank you, Gwyn!

Regards,

Ruben

Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!