Billy Connelly, Big Banana Feet

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:18 pm

Billy Connelly, Big Banana Feet. 3 x 1600
A low fade print in good condition with just a few light base lines as to be expected, image and sound are very good.
This is a a fly on the wall documentary. An odd title to add to a collection? Maybe, you either like Billy Connelly or you don’t, this is a film made at the end of Billy’s 1975 tour of the UK when he took his show to Belfast. This film follows him during that last two day stretch of the tour and is very difficult to find on any other format, as far as I can see, it isn’t available other than a few clips on youtube and some best of DVDs.
This is a 1976 comedy documentary. The film was directed by Murray Grigor and David Peat, and was made in two days. It was released by Brent Walker films in the UK.
The footage is raw behind the scenes between the stage show and starts the moment Connelly and his crew get off the plane, and covers all aspects of preparation for his stage show including in the hotel, discussing meeting the press, as well as stupid questions from the press in the hotel, meeting the stage management and the supporting Irish band, “spud” and trying on those big banana feet shoes.
In 1975 Connolly had a hit with the comedy single D.I.V.O.R.C.E. That same year the documentary Big Banana Feet was filmed, taking its title from the banana boots in which he often performed, and he became famous throughout the UK, the rest is history.
What I like about this film is that he tells his jokes and stories and sings a few comedy songs that he stopped doing many years ago and hasn’t done in decades.

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Gwyn Morgan, Eivind Mork and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Billy Connelly, Big Banana Feet

#2 by Barry Attwood , Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:45 am

I just read this is coming out on Blu Ray from the BFI.

Tom Photiou likes this
Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

RE: Billy Connelly, Big Banana Feet

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:04 pm

At last, i wonder why its taken so long?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Love and Bullets
Wild Geese II

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor