Mercedes

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:45 pm

Something a bit unusual,not sure if there are many of these around, am not sure how I came into possession of it but this afternoon got my Fumeo 9119 super 8mm out ,first time for months as my Christmas reel is rather large,and thought I would give it a run.
As said a bit unusual a 400 ft film of Mercedes four wheel drive vehicles on a promotional run.The film is Mercedes Four Wheel Drive,400ft,colour which is fading a little,and dubbed to English.Unfortunately the bubbing does leave a bit to be desired as the English is turned up and down for each sentence.Weird!.Anyway between no problem as music same in any language.
A few pics

Thought I throw in the two pics of the Fumeo as they don’t appear that often on here.Trouble is the 400 ft reel looks a bit small against the front arm 😁😁📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Mercedes

#2 by Tom Photiou , Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:41 pm

Gwyn, I've seen a few of these car promos that were often put out to the dealers in the day, especially Ford ones. They are quite unusual items but its interesting to see how different car promos are compared to todays. (or any type of commercial i guess).

Did you get that circuit board sorted?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#3 by Mark Mander , Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 pm

Nice Gwyn.

I have some Vauxhall cars and Bedford trucks films,still have great colour too, i like this sort of thing as its very nostalgic, Mark

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#4 by Thomas Peters , Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:36 pm

Quote: Gwyn Morgan wrote in post #1

Thought I throw in the two pics of the Fumeo as they don’t appear that often on here.Trouble is the 400 ft reel looks a bit small against the front arm 😁😁📽📽

Nice projector. Here's an interesting series of blogs about a particular Fumeo: https://mimundoensuper-8.blogspot.com/20...with-fumeo.html

I know next to nothing about Fumeos other than their stellar reputation. The one in that blog is a monster! I do wonder about a Super 8 machine as in the blog: if you really need a machine that powerful for theater projection, why not just do 16mm or 35mm? Other than home-movies you may have shot yourself in Super 8, wouldn't the money be better spent on 16mm or 35mm prints?

The 9119 Model:http://mimundoensuper-8.blogspot.com/202...o-buy-high.html

Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Thomas Peters  
Thomas Peters
Date registered 08.30.2022
ThankYou 9

Last edited 12.19.2023 | Top

#5 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:02 pm

Tom ,this film does look dated and it’s certainly of it’s time,as said I know not where it came from but it is quite interesting.
Regarding the amp ant get a response from the chap who fixed this machine,so get through Christmas and decide what way to go.

Thomas,Thoses machines in the blog are next step up again I was fortunate to be in the right place right time to get my machines.
Not everyone’s cup of tea but quite happy with mine.

Thomas Peters likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#6 by Thomas Peters , Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:09 am

Gwyn,

What's nice about your Fumeo, for me, is the 200 watt ESC lamp. I'm always on the lookout for either upgrading the brightness of my image, or getting more projectors that have at least 150 watt halogen lamps. That's why I recently picked up a Sankyo 702 with the EFR lamp. Yes, I could always buy more Elmo ST-1200s, but what's the fun in that?

I've heard the ESC lamp is no longer produced, but I've also heard that Donar now makes them. (Conflicting info on the internet.) I've steered clear of the Elmo GS-1200 since the maintenance on them is so high. The 200 watt lamp is the only feature I would be interested in for that machine.

If I could find a smallish, reliable 24v transformer, I'd consider upgrading my Elmo ST-1200HD to a better lamp, though some say you need to have another cooling fan as well.

Thomas Peters  
Thomas Peters
Date registered 08.30.2022
ThankYou 9

Christmas show
Trailer reel

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor