30 years of The Blackpool Film Convention Dinners

#1 by John Armer , Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:43 pm

The Blackpool Film Collectors' Convention website has been updated to include David Watson's fabulous history of the Film Convention Dinners. David created this back in 2015 for the occasion of the 30th Dinner, and a few copies of his book were available to diners at that event. It's a fascinating record and the people and personalities associated with it - including actors David Prowse, Caroline Munro and Valerie Leon, Oscar-winning sound engineer Norman Wanstall and SFX maestro Ray Harryhausen.

If you've been to one of the Dinners, David's history will bring back some memories of those past events - if you haven't, it should give some insight into them.

You can read it here:
blackpoolfilmconvention.co.uk/30-years-of-the-blackpool-film-convention-dinners/

This year's Dinner will be held on Saturday 25th November 2023 and it's well worth attending. To find out how to book, go to​ blackpoolfilmconvention.co.uk and click on the 'Visit' link from the homepage.

Greg Perry likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
John Armer  
John Armer
Date registered 11.19.2016
ThankYou 18

RE: 30 years of The Blackpool Film Convention Dinners

#2 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:10 pm

I never managed to get to the Saturday evening dinners as I always worked that day, used to arrive about 7.30 in the evening just too late I thought.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

Which Derann ad reel is this?
Projectors

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor