SELLERS BEWARE !!

#1 by Dave Baker , Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:59 pm

Because of several BAD customer experiences , I am compelled to notify the collecting community ( buyers and sellers ) of some people that have caused problems and / or ripped me off .

Problem customer #1: Antonio M. Sanz of Madrid , Spain
This individual complained about their digest and after they were completely refunded , refused to return the item !

Problem customer # 2: Jakub Czechowicz of Germany
This individual complained about a 5 week wait and opened a return case on Paypal . After totally being informed about " on demand " AND actually speaking to Ludwig about the production process .
I tried to save him money on shipping by having Andec ship direct to them in Germany ( would have saved about 35 Euros ) . His order has been canceled and they have been refunded .
The prints he originally ordered will be on hand for sale after Andec ships them to me .

You know I really hate doing this, but I do not wish this kind of behavior of fellow collector's to go unnoticed .
This is not meant in malice , but to make fellow collectors be more diligent when they deal .

Dave Baker
Date registered 12.25.2021
ThankYou 24

RE: SELLERS BEWARE !!

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:13 pm

Sad you have to do this Dave but some people just don't get it ,you try as hard as you can as a seller to explain what the situation with films are and they still complain.
Strangely enough I am selling some super 8mm optical prints on ebay and I have received requests from Germany to post them to Germany despite me saying U.K. only.
I Looked on a German sellers list of films and low and behold the same films I am selling are available in Germany,ok a little more expensive but I just found it strange.
Nothing is ever simple.

Dave Baker sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#3 by Tom Photiou , Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:19 pm

This is so annoying Dave.
I've seen all the advertisements for all the new releases and every single one states how long a buyer will need to wait due to them being printed to order, I can only assume some people either cant read or they are just dim.
As for the buyer in Spain, sadly, you were just too helpful and because of this, in future, you will have to insure that your customers understand that they will get a refund ONLY once you receive the film back. This is what happens when A-holes take the P***, it messes it up for all but also makes you mis-trusting of future customers.
Thanks for sharing this info.

Greg Perry likes this
Dave Baker sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#4 by Thomas Peters , Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:13 pm

Back in the 70s when I was a kid, it was quite often that I had to wait 2 to 3 months for a print to arrive, from Blackhawk Films. At one point as an adult, I wrote this off as my kid memory exaggerating, but I still have all the old receipts, and it was true! They show the order date and the delivery date.

The point? Blackhawk Films was very much an on-demand outfit as well, although occasionally they had enough in stock to fill orders fairly quickly, but that was the exception rather than the rule. In the 90s when it became Film Preservation Associates run my David Shepard, it was 16mm only and every order was on-demand.

Perhaps these new customers think on-demand means immediate, since they watch movies on Netflix "on demand".

Greg Perry likes this
Thomas Peters  
Thomas Peters
Date registered 08.30.2022
ThankYou 9

Last edited 04.04.2023 | Top

#5 by Tom Photiou , Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:59 pm

That could be accepted if this guy wasn't told about the wait time but I know all the people who release new films make it very clear about the wait time and the fact that the films are printed on demand. I think some people just try it on.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

A new podcast episode: Eivind and Doug discusses projectors
single for blade blade shutter in 16mm TQ3

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor