2022, A quite year for purchases

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:42 pm

For the first time in our collecting years we actually sold more than we bought.
The 16mm films were by far, our best buys but all in all, reducing the size of both our collections is what is intended but equally, for every ten items sold, we replace it with a decent low fade item so hopefully in the end we will be rid of a lot of the older faded items and the collections will end up being overall, better quality while at the same time other collectors buying our films will enjoy them as we have.

Films added this year on 8mm are
Oscar. The first 50 years
Speedy Gonzales, Cat tails for two
The Living picture show, 100 years of the Cinema,
Summer Holiday trailer
Kempski scope reel 2 Guns for San sebasion/Ben Hur/Fearless Vampire Killers
Rudolph the red nose reindeer
Once upon a winter time.

And on 16mm
Dirty Dancing
Guilty by Suspicion
It's a wonderful life
The Blues Brothers
The Lion King Promo
The Dark Knight trailer
The Negotiator trailer
Platoon trailer
The Killers performing Blowback live in studio, 2020, digital source.

Added to this we also bought a little Sankyo 2000H duel silent machine and the Sankyo OMS880 and soon on the way is the Hi pro lens to go with it.

In 2023 i will writing a book, Tommy P's guide to buying a super 8 projector It will be an epic like my 880 purchase and if anyone has any sense they will not be buying a it although Bill Parsons has paid for a copy up front, he couldn't wait to put his order in. If he's lucky it will arrive next Christmas, it also has my guide to basic soldering. Fortunately, Bill will be the only one who will understand this paragraph, and by the way, no, i'm not writing a book, it's just a daft joke, but hopefully Bill will be smiling when he reads this.

Bill Parsons likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 12.31.2022 | Top

Happy New ayear
Merry Christmas

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor