Highest selling 200 footer? Friday the 13th Trailers

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:34 pm

Did anyone see that 200ft reel of trailers for Friday the 13th 1,2 and 3?
It wasn't more than a 150ft but it went for over £200

Well done that seller, and to be perfectly fair, it started at a more than fair price but if the buyer wants to pay this then the sky's the limit. This was a rare reel but really??? I'm guessing the buyer must be huge fan.

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Highest selling 200 footer? Friday the 13th Trailers

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:49 pm

I see there is a 400 ft Raiders of the Lost Ark on there for £275………..still it’s from a “high end collection “ and the seller has not viewed it.
Good luck to the seller but I think it’s a bit steep for the 400 ft,still it may be a sellers market.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:56 pm

Theres an American seller with one for £313, these people are just taking the P*** now, if they started it at a sensible price it may well go for a ton or more but to put up these buy it now prices with no screen shots and the only images are of the poxy box and the reel of film, then clearly im guessing they think people are simple. I see the one for £275 is in the UK, dont these P*** takers do any research?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#4 by Mark Mander , Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:23 pm

It really is bonkers for three trailers, ok not ones that come up very often but the final price is more than some feature films, good price for the seller and a surprise for most of us, Mark

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Tom Photiou
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#5 by Graham Sinden , Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:04 am

Amazing final price I was watching it upto when it was £135 and thought it would only go slightly higher but wow. Who released it and was it one complete trailer reel or individual trailers spliced together?

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

#6 by Greg Perry , Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:34 am

Tom,

I am with you on this one. For me, it is a turn off when I see a film listed at an extremely high price.

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#7 by Tom Photiou , Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:29 am

If the reel was a full, packed 200ft i could even think, perhaps as an ardent horror fan, maybe a one off, but it's only around 150/160ft of film.
This was an auction though and the seller did everything right, a good clear listing with screenshots from the print, a good description and above all, that low start price, so i think whatever it goes for is fine. It is mad but had the seller had done what the two Raiders listers had done and start off with a stupid price, then the chances are it wouldn't have sold, and many of those who bid would have likely not bothered. (possibly).

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#8 by Barry Attwood , Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:55 am

This trailer reel was released by my late departed mate Gary Watson at CEC, it's strange at the time it sold OK, but not that well, I think he only did 20-30 reels, so I guess this is why it's so rare, but some of the ebay prices are still mind boggling, and most of the high start prices don't even have screen shots!

Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

Last edited 10.10.2022 | Top

#9 by Tom Photiou , Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:20 pm

Barry, it is the lack of any screenshots that bemuse me. At least with this trailer reel the buyer could see the images from the print for sale, and also a good description. I've seen many of late with nothing more than images of the box and the reel inside the box with descriptions like, "looks to be in good condition". I'm at a total loss as to why any film collector would bid on these unless of course it has a very low start price in which case, if won, may well be a gamble worth taking.
I see one of the two Raiders of the lost Ark 400 footers is now no longer for sale, i find it hard to believe someone paid £250 odd quid for it, but the other one for $349 is till available. And it's buy it now, what a bargain, no screenshots just, this,

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK INDIANA JONES Very Rare Super 8 Marketing Film 1104.
Very Good Condition.
it’s not the entire movie …..just selected scenes…
Perfect for the serious collector, thanks for bidding!
GOOD COLOR

Got to be worth a punt dont you think?

I like the "very rare" part. Yet this one comes up for sale all the time.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#10 by Mark Mander , Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:19 pm

I agree, some huge sums for films lately with little description and no screenshots, do buyers complain after and get discounts or simply pull a fast one and get a refund through Ebay as its definitely a buyers market on there, Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#11 by Tom Photiou , Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:39 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Thats a good point Mark, it is all too easy to get refunds from ebay. Fortunately, they do look at a sellers record and they are starting to see when people take the mickey.
I myself sold a 16mm print to a guy in Spain. It was my first use of the global shipping.
Long story short, his communication's to me were very polite and very friendly. Once it got to ebay there was no tracking. He chased me up, i told him ebay had it, he contacted ebay, those wankers refunded him without any comms to me because they said they couldn't trace it.
I played up with ebay who checked my records of sales and feedback. The next thing i know the buyer has got hold of me and has recieved the film but "didn't know what to do" about the money. Really?????
Ebay then contacted me to refund me and explain that he had now been kicked ebay off due to the amount of times he had bought items off ebay and either claimed full or partial refunds of most of his purchases. His feedback was 100%
This is why i am so careful to ensure i give an accurate a description as i can and always with screenshots from the whole film, not just the first few minutes.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

My first and only tie clip
Iscorama anamorphic 1.5 - 54 lens for sale on ebay

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor