Into The Night

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:37 pm

Tonight’s offering was “Into the Night” a1985 comedy come crime thriller directed by John Landis.The cast includes Jeff Goldblum,Michelle Pfeiffer,Dan Aykrod,,David Cronenberg,David Bowie,Irene Papas,and John Landis himself.
The story is a little complicated but simply Jeff plays a man with a boring job,his wife is having an affair,he can’t sleep,so goes out at night.There he meets Michelle who has troubles of her own and is on the run.The two have a wild night as they now end up running from irate Iranians and numerous others who are chasing some diamonds.It’s a chase film with everyone not quite appearing to be who they are.
It’s complicated.
The film runs 1 hr 50mins and came on 3 x 1600.Sound was excellent,I say the colour was good the screen shots don’t do it justice as taken from a distance.
Interesting logo on the front regarding who’s film it is 😀
The film has a bit of a cult following and if you want some light relief and a fun film it’s worth a look.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Mark Mander and Tom Photiou

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

RE: Into The Night

#2 by Tom Photiou , Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:54 am

Im a fan of John Landis films,this is one ive not heard of so will now seek it out on the shinny disc. Your print looks very good Gwyn. You have some great titles in your collection. A very good find there mate.

Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Mark Mander , Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Looks nice Gwyn, good cast, not one I've seen either but sometimes these gems are very entertaining, being an 80s 16mm print they are quality prints, Mark.

Tom Photiou likes this
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Last edited 09.08.2022 | Top

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:16 pm

Ran this film again tonight,must admit I enjoyed it more second time around.
I started to take screenshots then I realised I only watched it last year,can’t beat a John Landis film with a cast as good as this.
Well worth a watch even on the round disc😁😁

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

Leopard in the Snow
Vendetta For The Saint

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor